the ASPCA's characterization of exotic pets

Lickystevie

Magic Geckos
Fine. Maybe they can draw blood, but I don't stress my geckos. I am repeatedly talking about one out of the two times he has ever bitten me. He was just a bit hungry because I was out of crickets, and the pet store didn't get their shipment until the next day. He is in fact very calm and easily handled. Also, go easy on me. I'm still a newb, and you know it.

Dimidiata

Your a newb, dont forget it. That card sailed the minute you mentioned it. If your going to play on the forums then know what your talking about, you will be challenged. Im 16, whats your excuse again?

Last edited:

Lickystevie

Magic Geckos
By the way, my pig info was from a New York Times article. It was an old one, but I thought that the evidence was good enough. The late nineties aren't that outdated. Only a huge amount. But I just looked over it again, and I discovered that it is true that pigs were domesticated 10,000 years ago, and this was before the first crops, and they were the first animals to be domesticated for food, but dogs came four thousand years earlier. Sorry that this seems off topic, but this is more a discussion about hard evidence than it is about pigs.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
lickystevie said:
But they are so tiny, they can't hurt a person.
I have been working with geckos (including leopard geckos) for 17 years. I also work with Green Tree Pythons and Jungle Carpet Pythons. I cannot even count the number of times I have been bitten, but the ONLY time I ever needed stitches was from a leopard gecko bite. If you think your geckos cannot harm you, just piss one of them off enough to change your attitude!

As far as SPCA and PETA, these people think and feel that NO ANIMAL whatsoever should be "kept", or eaten. These guys are rabid extremists and should be avoided at all costs, and not supported in any way.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Agreed. Petas crazy.
They believe very extreme things, like people who crate their dogs should be shot with paint ball guns.

The Gecko Person

Agreed. Petas crazy.
They believe very extreme things, like people who crate their dogs should be shot with paint ball guns.

???

reusable_order_graphic.jpg

Wood-Crate-psd10577.png

Dimidiata

Crate, means to put them in a carrier XD. Ironically enough, those are the same boxes where the government uses to transport peta members.

Lickystevie

Magic Geckos
I know this is kinda random, but if anyone here can tell how a leopard gecko poses a threat to any community, and is a highly inappropriate pet, then I will call you the greatest expert on reptiles in the world. Sure they can draw a little bit of blood, but does that mean that they pose a threat to the community"

Visit our friends