Things are Good

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't usually post the state of my gecko situation, bad or good but I feel compelled to be publicly thankful. I had a number of low spots in late winter and early spring: 3 geckos at a time on meds, 2/3 or more of the geckos not eating at times, sudden unexplained death of 2 adults leos, complete wipeout of my coleonyx colony, delayed egg laying. There were days where I felt too bad about the situation to even make a journal entry. I wondered whether I was going to have a breeding season at all.

Now things are going much better. Everyone is eating in one form or another including my stubborn super snow that didn't eat for months and lost 20 grams. Eggs are being laid, eggs are hatching, health is better. I disinfected my coleonyx enclosures as if they had crypto (not sure, but some bug has stalked them ever since I got my first ones 3 years ago --if you bought a juvi from me, don't worry because the babies were never in the parents' enclosures and didn't get sick) and am ready to start in with them again in the fall. It's good to remember that even when things don't look so good, they can get better.

Aliza

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Troubles, I say troubles in River Citys.

Aliza, sorry to hear of all the situations you
have had to deal with.
I've had and heard of many similar, but not
as major as yours.
Certainly glad things are looking brighter
for you.
Hang in there, I had the vision,
"the best is yet to come."
Take care. HJ

Visit our friends