URGENT!!

B.appel13

I have been offered this pair for 75...male is 9 mo and the female is a 3 yr old proven breeder.

Been told they are hypo but want your thoughts...

100_0540.jpg

What would the babies be if I bred them?

StopperExotics

They're both hypos, and they'd make more hypos. I'd separate them for the first while and fatten them up. The smallest of the two of them definitely needs time to grow up and gain more weight before you breed them. Best of luck with them if you decide to get them.

JordanAng420

They are both super hypo tangerines. If you bred them together, you would make hypo tangerines, as long as they're not het for anything.

They are a little on the thin side...I generally like the tails to be at least the width of the neck, but i'm sure you could fatten them up easily with some superworms and/or roaches. The male appears to be a bit younger than 9 months in my opinion, judging by the fact that he still has some of the banding on his back that they gradually lose as juvis. Depending on how big he is, i'd say his a few months younger than 9.

JordanAng420

I'll be honest with you...I know you are the one who had a terrible experiance with the MBD gecko and are probably still pretty upset about that.

I'd pass on these geckos. They're too thin for my liking. If you're going to buy something you can find much fatter, healthier-looking tangs for about the same price if not less.

LizMarie

I'll be honest with you...I know you are the one who had a terrible experiance with the MBD gecko and are probably still pretty upset about that.

I'd pass on these geckos. They're too thin for my liking. If you're going to buy something you can find much fatter, healthier-looking tangs for about the same price if not less.

I agree especially if your looking to breed.

B.appel13

im getting them...talked him down to 60 and im going to keep them apart, ive got 2 tanks set up for them. Ive got some superworms gutloading right now and plan to keep them apart for 2-3 months minimum. I dont expect to breed right away.

on a side note After much arguing with the last person i got my first gecko from he is taking the rest of his to the vet then after the ok bill of health goign to bring some here for me to pick from. Things are looking up.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
And honestly, I wouldnt buy them at that price anyways. That morph is pretty common and can easily be picked up at a show for cheaper than 75. Im not saying that you want cheap leos, Im just saying... personally I wouldnt spend that much money for that...
I would pass.

StopperExotics

B.apple13: have you taken the other girl to the vet? And you can almost be positive that he isn't going to take all of his geckos to the vet. But I suppose it's best to have faith in people. I would just think that if this person doesn't know enough to keep calcium in their enclosures, as well as make the distinction between an animal with MBD or one that's healthy; that's scary.

They're very cute, the hypos (I wouldn't call either one a super hypo unless their heads were less patterned, but that's just how I distinguish between the two.), and if you like them, I think you should get them. And at $30 each, that's really a steal. I know that in Canada, you'd be very very lucky to get ANY gecko at that cost, let alone a Hypo-Tang.

Good luck in all of your endeavours.

B.appel13

ya im from niagara falls so im pretty stoked...and I have made myself more knowledgeable on MBD and the signs so when he brings the otehrs if i dont like em im just going to get a refund. IM really excited about these too, I really like them even if they arent the prettiest. I have a great mealworm culture going (got hundreds of babies :)) I got the mealworm culture going before I got leos....Ive been waiting for 6 months now...and when I saw babies I started looking for some leos.

Got burned the first time but that is in the middle of being fixed and now these are nice looking.

StopperExotics

Ahhh, that explains it all! Welcome, fellow Canadian! You should make sure to come to the Feb Reptile Expo in Mississauga if you can make the trip. It's the best place to get great deals on pretty well anything gecko related. :)

I wouldn't say that they aren't the prettiest, I think they're lovely geckos. And if they are what you like, then you should enjoy them! And you're getting a really good deal getting both of those for $60, honestly. The market in Canada for Leos is pricey, as you may well be aware.

Congratulations on the two new ones. :)

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't buy additional animals from someone who sold me a gecko with MBD or ANY disease for that matter, regardless of excuses/promises. And buying more animals from this person is just supporting bad breeding/husbandry. And I can't stress this enough for new hobbyists: DON'T BUY CHARITY CASE ANIMALS. Animals that have issues are best left to experienced people, all you're doing when buying sick animals is encouraging the seller to continue selling them and setting yourself up for heartbreak/disappointment, and at the very least, the added price tag of a vet bill. Do yourself and others a favor and buy healthy animals from a reputable source, it'll turn out better in the long run.

Just my opinion.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
They're very cute, the hypos (I wouldn't call either one a super hypo unless their heads were less patterned, but that's just how I distinguish between the two.)

Hypo/Super Hypo apply to body markings, not the head. The smaller one is a super hypo, the larger is a hypo that may super out as it grows. Baldy is the term that applies to a gecko with an unmarked head.

B.appel13

these are not from the same breeder as the first breeder.

And ya im hoping to make it to the expos this year. And ya ive seen some prices and what not. I got him throwing in the hides and dishes and tubs for them...so 60 i dont feel is bad at all.

StopperExotics

Yeah, I wouldn't feel bad at all aboutthose prices, and the extra throw-ins.
The expos are awesome, but if you can only make it to one each year, I'd save it for the CRBE 2010 (September); it was awesome last year!

B.appel13

Ya i want to make it to one and then the CRBE...we will see where im at job wise. I just finished welding school and got 3 high pressure tickets GOOD money tickets but not in my area and I have a wife and 2 kids so i dont want to uproot everyone and move....so im thinking what to do...I might try my own welding business doing ornamental and repairs...as I am certified to do stick mig and tig welding all high pressure. so If i land a good job in the next month ill be at the CRBE for sure to make some purchases :p

StopperExotics

Sounds terrific! Good luck with finding a new job! I wish you the best; times are somewhat tumultuous and returning to a better state, but even in my career (Graphic Design) it's hard to find a lot of work right now.

B.appel13

ive got a buddy thats doing that (currently in school) He is having a hard time as well.

im trying to get him to come into business with me as he could sit with the customer and draw up something on the computer exactly the way the customer wants it and then I make it come to life....he is kinda into it lol.

I know i could make money on making one off pieces for ppl whether it be tables to candle holders to a simple repair.

Visit our friends