vermiculite/water ratio

Sol

Sol Fire Hunter
could anyone tell me the correct ratio of vermiculite to water i should use for incubating my leopard gecko eggs?

paulnj

same ratio... 1 part medium to .8 parts water.. IE 100 grams vermiculite to 80 grams water.

You can ask me any question any time my friend :)

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have found that using the albeys method for vermiculite leaves it a bit dry. The best way I think to do it is to put water in the vermiculite until it can hold a snowball shape or when squeezed in your hand no water falls but it hols the shape.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I have found that using the albeys method for vermiculite leaves it a bit dry. The best way I think to do it is to put water in the vermiculite until it can hold a snowball shape or when squeezed in your hand no water falls but it hols the shape.

+1 :main_thumbsup:

Generally when you do that, its 1:1 Vermiculite to Water Ratio...

paulnj

I use very fine vermiculite and the queeze method wieghs only a few grams more with 60 grams verm to water at 1: .8. larger verm is closer to 1:1 so I was told be a few friends I asked.

adam&nikki

what i do is measure how much vermiculite im going use then i soak it then squeeze the water out and then with the rung out vermiculite i soak it again then ring it out once more ive found this to work very well for me

roger

Get a bowl of vermiculite and soak it with water.Let the vermiculite soak and pick up handfulls of the wet vermiculit and squeeze out all the water until no more water comes out.Pretend your packing a snowball.the vermiculite should break up when u touch it.Put 4-5" deep in a tupperware container and put the lid on and then put it in your incubator.The vermiculite should just barely be moist.

Last edited:

Visit our friends