Waterfall in tank

Nico

Hello I have a leopard gecko that I found in the middle of no where, I’m pretty sure it’s a girl but I named it Caleb anyways. I was woundering if I could put a waterfall in the tank and if it would hurt Caleb or not.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
You could put a waterfall in as long as caleb is protected from drowning. Make sure she can easily escape the water. With that being said this isn't something I'd generally recommend for a beginner gecko keeper. it's hard to clean. Difficult to maintain and an additional risk for your gecko

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
What kind of gecko is this? A leopard gecko comes from an arid climate and a waterfall will make it too humid. A crested gecko could be fine with a waterfall. One thing to watch out for: I bought an 18x18x36" enclosure for my crested geckos that came with a waterfall. Everything went fine, but eventually I discovered that the waterfall was leaking into the substrate, soaking it, and then moisture was leaking out of the enclosure onto my floor. I tried silicone sealing where it was leaking and that didn't work. I took the waterfall out and ran it on the counter and it seemed more or less OK. I returned it to the enclosure and put a shallow plastic container lid under it and it leaked again. I've given up. So . . . if you don't have a leopard gecko and want to try it, just watch out for leaks.

Aliza

Wyker

one other problem is that it will cause a rise in humidity in our tank possibly causing respiratory infections

Visit our friends