Votes: 26 15.2%
  • heat cable

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • UTH and basking light

Votes: 42 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misstasha

I switched from basking lights to heat tape - anyone else on here use heat tape?! how affective is it?!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Heat tape. Most effective heating method for multiple enclosures(racks) imo. Waaaaay better than lights for leos because leos do best with belly heat.

leogecko88

Red heat lamp for me. Provides excellent belly heat. I measure the temps on the floor of the tank, and the warm side is around 94.

Jheuloh

Lost in the Jello Bowl
I use a 100 watt red heat-lamp. I've got a probe-thermometer sitting above Khalil's warm-den to measure the temperature on the ground, although it hovers around 85 for now, it'll get warmer as summer reemerges.

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
I seldom ever use any heating equipment in my enclosures being that i live in tropical Queensland but in winter i use a basking lamp.

HugeGenes&LoLa

UTH and heat cables. Lauren and I are afraid of heat tape because a) we don't know what we're doing with the wiring and b) we've heard horror stories about how heat tape has tendencies to malfunction. So you put a and b together, and you get a real bad idea. Heat cables work just fine for us.

bman123

I'm gonna use a basking light with mine hooked up to a dimmer. Save the $100 by not getting a t stat since I'm using tanks not a rack

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
AP racks with heat cable. those that are not using heat cable use heat tape. both used with thermostats.

Three UTH's and two lights, the heating light usally does a good job of heating up their rock hide that they like to lay on so they get belly heat and basking heat :)

janjgeckos

Flexwatt on adult racks and cable on the hatchling racks (only because they were designed for cable). Any new hatchling racks will be flexwatt

Latlaw

I have 20 gal longs and use UTH's and add an infrared light in the winter to keep temps up. Everything hooked to thermostats set at 93.

Visit our friends