what should leo eggs look like??

02CETA24

my gecko just laided eggs yesterday and and im wondering what the eggs should look like? ive read about how to incubate them but not on what they should look like the eggs are kinda sunken in and with hard spots... i hope they are ok thanks.

02CETA24

so all these people and i cant get one word?? please help me out

mindgamer8907

Just to be sure, do you have a "lay box" for the girls to dig in, and what's that like? do you have moist material in there? Also, if you don't have a lay box where did she lay them? You may know what I'm getting at but it never hurts to ask, eh?

02CETA24

she layed the eggs on reptile carpet we then put them in a plastic container with perlite also added water to the correct ratio that everyone has put on the forums we dont have a incubator so we just made our own with a thermometer with a probe and keeping the temp between 80 and 85 so there is enough humidity but the eggs shrunk in so is that a bad thing? also her last two eggs we had did the same thing

Khrysty

she layed the eggs on reptile carpet we then put them in a plastic container with perlite also added water to the correct ratio that everyone has put on the forums we dont have a incubator so we just made our own with a thermometer with a probe and keeping the temp between 80 and 85 so there is enough humidity but the eggs shrunk in so is that a bad thing? also her last two eggs we had did the same thing

Do you have a box in her cage that has moist, loose substrate in it?

mindgamer8907

Also, if your gecko poops in a specific spot (usually) did she lay it very close to that spot. I'm not entirely sure how it works but sometimes don't "dud" eggs get discarded where they poop? I am sorry if this guess is the case.

If not, follow Khrysty's (and I'm sure that of many others) moist, loose substrate. Good luck and keep us posted.

Visit our friends