70$ ARE YOU SERIOUS!

Cola7

At my local pe*smart it costs 70$ for a regular leopard gecko and 80$ for a tangerine leopard gecko. That dosen't make much sense to me.

BTW is it better to get a gecko as an adult or a baby?

got spots?

leo lover
Just buy from a breeder. A normal is cheaper and better. Adults show that they are stronmg enough to live, babies are fun to watch grow up. At your age I am guessing your just someone who wants to own one so i'd say baby. If your a breeder buy an adult.

Tommy13b

It all really depends on where you live, some places are crazy expencive, odds are there are not many breders around there. Some areas like up hear in northeast ohio are pretty cheap because we have quite afew big breeders.

Leomyster

New Leo Lover
That store raises their prices way too high. I would not recommend getting one from your local pet store. When purchasing one from a local store you never know what they have been subjected to and also their health will not always be guarenteed. I agree with Joe I would buy from a breeder.

Just my opinion though :).

Haligren

is behind you.
You'd have kittens if you saw the prices for regular geckos in Canada. Most petstore buys are about $100-$200. I bought Tiamat, a high-yellow, when I didn't know any better. I got her for $124 at a local petstore (granted she is from a local breeder who was selling her through the petstore). Mandarin was of a higher quality as far as breeding goes and she was $200. I got her directly from a breeder. Currently, at another petstore in town, they had a RAPTOR for $135 and a SHCT for $126. And as far as I know, they're from a mass breeder. :( Normals were $80.

I'm currently considering ordering a gecko when I got to buy one next as it's only a few bucks more for shipping. :\

That being said, go to a breeder. You'll know more about what you're getting. :)

jermh1

I got 4 of mine from a p*co on sale for $17 two were murphys patternless het for albino 1 was a Tan and one normal. they are regularly 39 here in NJ, your prices seem pretty high.

MiamiLeos

I got 4 of mine from a p*co on sale for $17 two were murphys patternless het for albino 1 was a Tan and one normal. they are regularly 39 here in NJ, your prices seem pretty high.

if you got them from p**co, how do you know what they are het for? i have one a few blocks from my house but the associates never know anything about any of the animals in their store.

bench

Canada does have some odd prices, some leopard geckos go for over $200 in stores but i have also seen them around $20 at the big pet stores.

Baoh

I think the prices they charge for their "Jumbo" leos are ridiculous. They are simply adults in the majority of cases I have looked at.

sammer021486

You normally are better off going with a breeder, but sometimes you can find nice leos from local pet stores. When buying from a good breeder you have more security knowing that the gecko is healthy. There still are the rare cases where the gecko maybe ill from the breeder, if the breeder is a good one, depending on the situation they may refund or replace the lost gecko.

As for prices I have seen normal leopard geckos sell locally for $50-120. The majority of the normals being sold at $80+ are adults and the store is trying to recover food, electrical costs. I know that when I sold my hatchling to the pet store I got $30 for it and it sold at $70 from the pet store.

When I bought my blizzard she was $135 including shipping from the pet store. She was a special order and as such the store owner had to go and pick her up from the breeder. I only paid $65 for her because of a discount I had from the store, but even blizzards normally sell for around $80 at most pet stores.

Gregg M

Registered Member
Honestly, I think every normal should be priced at $70... It might keep many impulse buyers for getting a bunch of geckos they cant afford to keep properly... I cant wait till gecko prices rise again...

rubym

My s-i-l bought us one from the p place for $29. She saw him and thought we needed him,lol. She wants to save every animal she sees. She wont do reptiles so we got him.He was a htct

Ryan Jarosek

TikiTikiReptiles.com
At my local pe*smart it costs 70$ for a regular leopard gecko and 80$ for a tangerine leopard gecko. That dosen't make much sense to me.

BTW is it better to get a gecko as an adult or a baby?

Would you purchase a Tang from the Bells, JMG , Albeys for $80 I sure would ... with that said.

Thats a pretty high price, but you are getting a geckos produced by Mark and Kim Bell. They supply p3tsmart with their geckos... There may be some nice hidden genetics in those leos.

I have seen some amazing geckos in p3tsmart well worth $80. You just have to be lucky. When the geckos are purchased they are purchased from the Bells wholesale company as High color normals, normals and albinos. Since the wholesale operation is so big they do not distinguish between morphs other than color and strain of albino (if specifically asked for) .

Just thought some might find this interesting to know.

Visit our friends