A LIL' CAVE GECKO LOVE!

KelliH

OMG Eric that is so cool! I didn't know you videoed them but that's great that you did! I can't wait to see little baby hainanensis running around!

eric

OREGON GECKO
Very nice! How are you caring for them?

Hi Tony! I'm using an Iris boot box (12.2qt) with 4in. of coco fiber for the substrate. I've placed a cave in the back of the tub which is buried into the coco fiber. The cave is two trivets placed on top of each other filled with damp sphagnum moss. I've placed a water dish in the front of the cave for extra humidity. Also fake plants are placed in the back and on one side for cover. To finish it off, a TP roll for cover and climbing. They are housed individually (until breeding). They get misted down every other day and receive calcium/vitamin dusted crickets everyday. They are kept at room temperature (70-75 degrees) and receive a night drop temperature into the mid 60's. The humidity stays around 70%. That's it!

Thanks for the replies!:main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Great, thanks Eric. I've been thinking about expanding into cave and cat geckos, but I'm just not sure that I can keep them cool enough.

robin

Hi Tony! I'm using an Iris boot box (12.2qt) with 4in. of coco fiber for the substrate. I've placed a cave in the back of the tub which is buried into the coco fiber. The cave is two trivets placed on top of each other filled with damp sphagnum moss. I've placed a water dish in the front of the cave for extra humidity. Also fake plants are placed in the back and on one side for cover. To finish it off, a TP roll for cover and climbing. They are housed individually (until breeding). They get misted down every other day and receive calcium/vitamin dusted crickets everyday. They are kept at room temperature (70-75 degrees) and receive a night drop temperature into the mid 60's. The humidity stays around 70%. That's it!

Thanks for the replies!:main_thumbsup:

my nightstalkers are kept very similar 0_0

eric

OREGON GECKO
Great, thanks Eric. I've been thinking about expanding into cave and cat geckos, but I'm just not sure that I can keep them cool enough.

Tony I know you guys get warmer inland but a cold mist twice a day should lower your temps low enough to keep Cave and Cat geckos even in the hotter months. Also placing them closer to the floor and in a closet would help.:main_thumbsup:

Thanks again to all that replied!:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends