Abyssinian

robin

ok so i was reading and i was looking and it kinda look like a dookie brown with a yellow wash to them

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
It's basically an eclipse that has brown instead of black and also has red eye veins. Most of my eclipse are like that though.;)

ILoveGeckos14

I think it came from raptor and eclipse crosses and has albino eyes and spots that are concentrated brown, and seems to have a greenish hue over the whole body. I'm not sure if its genetically an eclipse and can produce full eclipse eyes or what? :)

robin

so its just a nice eclipse dookie brown (albino)?

p.s. dookie browns are what i call the darker brownish, maroonish old looking tremper albinos before they started getting lighter. it's not a morph or anything lol

Last edited:

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I think they are something like this.

DSC_3499.jpg

He's an eclipse het tremper, but his spots are brown and he has the red veins.

He's the male that produced Rafe who has orange spots instead of brown.
DSC_3421.jpg

DSC_3436.jpg

You can sort of see that Rafe has the red eye veins, too.

Rafe then fathered Georgina who has even more orange. I'm guessing she'll have the red veins, too. The didn't show up on Rafe until he was a bit older.
DSC_3319.jpg

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
It's a non albino eclipse that doesn't have black on its body and has red veins along with the black in the eyes.

I don't sell any of mine as abs because I didn't purchase any geckos from Tremper. The male and female that I started with were both eclipse het trempers. They both had the brown spots and red eye veins though.

robin

ok could this be some form of hypo?

is it just an eye trait or is it supposed to be a pattern mutation as well?

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I don't really understand it. Honestly, these are the only type of eclipse geckos I've had, so I know no different. I don't quite understand what is so special with the abs that is supposed to make them different than eclipse. Hopefully someone else knows more about them.

ILoveGeckos14

They seem to be a yellow with a greenish tint over it and look just a tad different but I'm not sure if I believe its genetic. *shrugs shoulders*

Gazz

It's a non albino eclipse that doesn't have black on its body and has red veins along with the black in the eyes.

Black body spots they can have.Red eye vaining can be found and is found in most leo's with Eclipse ancestory.I think it the Eclipse gene some where giving the Red eye vaining.

Scroll down you'll see black spotted leo's with red eye vaining being sold as Abyssinian.
http://www.leopardgecko.com/abyssinians

IMO Ab's as a morph is a joke.Any one with Eclipse leo's will note that most will have red eye vaning.Coz that's all they are Eclipse type leo's.

g3ckosr4me

I think they are something like this.

DSC_3499.jpg

He's an eclipse het tremper, but his spots are brown and he has the red veins.

He's the male that produced Rafe who has orange spots instead of brown.
DSC_3421.jpg

DSC_3436.jpg

You can sort of see that Rafe has the red eye veins, too.

Rafe then fathered Georgina who has even more orange. I'm guessing she'll have the red veins, too. The didn't show up on Rafe until he was a bit older.
DSC_3319.jpg

kristi i LOVE your eclipses ..... they arent like any other eclipses... that i have ever seen atleast :) lol

Visit our friends