Abyssinian

BSM

These were something i looked into a while back and i just dont see the big deal on them. They look exactly like most eclipses yet are 10x the price of one and imo its just another eclipse leo

you'll see black spotted leo's with red eye vaining being sold as Abyssinian.

Im not going to name anyone but there are a few people selling Abyssinian but they have black spots, i thought they were suppose to be brown

Bryan

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
As for me personally, i think Albyssinians are a joke (and from the sound of things here, others that have posted in this thread feel the same way, lol). And i don't see what the big deal is about them. And what the heck makes them so special that they cost $1,000 or more! Are u serious??? Ya, i think they can look nice n have seen some really nice ones out there... but seriously... If i were to get one, i don't think i would spend over $200-$300 for one. There's just nothin that "crazy" about them to me that would compell me to drop a grand on one, and so i can say "WOOO HOOO! I HAVE AN ALBYSSINIAN!!" LOL...

I saw someone, whom i shal leave unmentioned, on another classified website selling Albyssinians and Lavender Albyssinians for anywhere from $1300 to $1800... come on now. Really? I wonder why they haven't sold.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
wow... this person's prices dropped! Now they are only $1200 and $1300 (BUT open to offers!), lol... just saw the same ad posted again...

I think i'm gonna jump on it! :)

N

Nigel4less

Or maybe its a way to sell off Possible Hets since every single Eclipse/Abyssinian on that page is 50% Pos. Het Tremper ;)

justindh1

To me there some charactoristics that make them unique from other morphs but when you look at everything that they can produce you wonder what exactly are the genetics.

I can tell you this much, there are many other morphs by others that look similiar to others and people don't say anything and are happy to spend several hundred dollars on.

It seems like there are many people who will jump at the chance to try to disprove something he has done or says. He does have more experience then almost everyone on this site. I doubt anyone would turn down the chance to work with him if you had the chance.

crotaphytidae

I've hatched several eclipses and can say for certain that the abyssinians are just eclipses and the ones that have no black in the eye are an example (in my opinion) of a rare occurrence when the animal is homozygous for eclipse but still has no black showing. The body characteristics of the animal on an abs are pretty much identical to the body characters of a patternless stripe eclipse.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
I would never buy a gecko that has that many "possible hets"... I mean come on, seriously...?!?! 50% het this, 50% het that... blah blah blah... Ok, so then what...?!?! You buy it, breed it out, and it proves to be NONE of those possible hets. So then What? You call the guy back up and say "Hey man.. i bred this out, and it proved that it was not het for anything it was listed as..." to which that person replies, "well, it was posted that all the hets said were only 50%..."

...So now you've just spent a rediculous amount of money on pretty much a "suped up" eclipse. Thats why i don't buy an animal with that many different "hets". It almost sounds too good to be true, yanno?!?! I mean, an animal being possible het for 1 thing is different than one with like 5 possible hets, lmao. I mean what the heck was this thing bred to, to have that many hets!?!?! It's all part of the risk, buying a gecko that is possible het for something, but buying something that is priced that high for it being so many different possible hets is just, well, stupid. Thats why you buy from reputable, well known breeders that know their genetics, and that try to pair geckos that will either make a homozygous trait, or a 100% het trait, to eliminate all that guess work and fuss, instead of someone that just throws some geckos together in a tank to see what comes out. Personally, i think it would be bad business to try and sell an animal to someone as an animal that had something like 4 or 5 "possible hets"... Cuz then if most of em turn ou to not be the case, then you have a bunch of pissed off customers that think that all you do is lie about what genes your animals carry... and then once word gets out about that, it spreads like wildfire, and no1 will want to do business with you. Yanno what i mean?

THE WHISPERER

DSC_3436.jpg

Sorry to get off topic, I just wanted to state that this pic is awesome.

ILoveGeckos14

I would never buy a gecko that has that many "possible hets"... I mean come on, seriously...?!?! 50% het this, 50% het that... blah blah blah... Ok, so then what...?!?! You buy it, breed it out, and it proves to be NONE of those possible hets. So then What? You call the guy back up and say "Hey man.. i bred this out, and it proved that it was not het for anything it was listed as..." to which that person replies, "well, it was posted that all the hets said were only 50%..."

...So now you've just spent a rediculous amount of money on pretty much a "suped up" eclipse. Thats why i don't buy an animal with that many different "hets". It almost sounds too good to be true, yanno?!?! I mean, an animal being possible het for 1 thing is different than one with like 5 possible hets, lmao. I mean what the heck was this thing bred to, to have that many hets!?!?! It's all part of the risk, buying a gecko that is possible het for something, but buying something that is priced that high for it being so many different possible hets is just, well, stupid. Thats why you buy from reputable, well known breeders that know their genetics, and that try to pair geckos that will either make a homozygous trait, or a 100% het trait, to eliminate all that guess work and fuss, instead of someone that just throws some geckos together in a tank to see what comes out. Personally, i think it would be bad business to try and sell an animal to someone as an animal that had something like 4 or 5 "possible hets"... Cuz then if most of em turn ou to not be the case, then you have a bunch of pissed off customers that think that all you do is lie about what genes your animals carry... and then once word gets out about that, it spreads like wildfire, and no1 will want to do business with you. Yanno what i mean?

I believe a lot of morphs were found by making multi-het animals and mixing them to see what you get then breeding out the hets to get the pure version of a particular morph/look you were going for.

robin

um i don't do that LOL but yes i would pay more for a non-het animal because the gecko lines are soooo muddied crap is showing up all the time (just watch the boards). people are breeding crap to crap and not caring what the outcome is or breeding stuff just because they can and then not disclosing the info or even possible info to buyers. heck yeah a non-het animal i would pay more because its like a clean slate to start from scratch. a low percentage possible het to me is possible low percentage poo (unless proven to not be het but then it wouldn't be a possible). ya can't start clean from possibles ;)

i dont see non-hets or low percentage hets being sold for what the abs are being sold for though ;)

Visit our friends