NewGeckoOwner

Hello!
I'm a new owner of two baby cresties. They are eating amazingly well and I have had them for a little over a week now. I decided to try a really short handling session with them both. One took to it well and let me hand walk it for a minute then got put back in. The other decided to hurl itself off the desk and fall flat on the hardwood floor. It fell about 4 feet down. I feel so bad for not catching the little guy fast enough :( It seems to be ok, I put it back away and it was able to climb and use all its legs normally. No tail drop. They are both about 4.5 inches long including tail so still very small babies.

I guess what I'm wondering is what to watch out for if she got hurt in some way. Have any of you guys had babies fall like this?

thesquidworm

Never kept credited before but I’ve had plenty of anoles fall on the ground before and since crested geckos are arboreal I wouldn’t worry… the babies should instinctively know how to protect their bodies from a fall out of a tree. I will some research on this too, but for now just look for signs of slow moving, not eating, seeming confused or unresponsive- that sort of thing. Hope it all turns out okay :)

NewGeckoOwner

Never kept credited before but I’ve had plenty of anoles fall on the ground before and since crested geckos are arboreal I wouldn’t worry… the babies should instinctively know how to protect their bodies from a fall out of a tree. I will some research on this too, but for now just look for signs of slow moving, not eating, seeming confused or unresponsive- that sort of thing. Hope it all turns out okay :)
They are doing ok today. I'll keep an eye out for anything like that. Thanks so much!

thesquidworm

Sooo glad their okay!!! Just be gentle with them in the future, but the amount of care you show for them now is sure to allow that- I hope both you and they have a great weekend

Visit our friends