Best Friend killed in motorcycle accident

I have been real busy lately and haven't been on much.

Well Tuesday night one of my best friends for about 28 years was killed on his motorcycle. I'm really having a rough time with this. We grew up together and have lived within 2-3 block from each other for the last 10 years. This really sucks!! Tomorrow is the funeral.

He was one that always loved speed and it cost him his life. He leaves behind a 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. He was a great father. But he had an addiction to speed. I told him over and over again that he needed to slow down and watch it. I told him I didn't want to do this. But now I will be going to his funeral.

I will never forget even the little things that we shared as friends.

R.I.P. Mario

Halley

Scott, I’m very sorry to hear about this. Mario sounds like a great guy from your description. And I wish this didn’t happen to you, him, or his family. I’m sure you will be able to make it through, it, but only time will heal your wounds.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I"m so sorry for your loss. My daughter's uncle was also killed in a motorcycle crash.:(

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Scott, I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Mario. I am sorry too, for the loss of a father, husband, son, and brother. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that our Lord will take you in his loving and healing arms that you may find peace and comfort there as you grieve.

KelliH

I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend, Scott. You are right, speeding kills many people each year and people need to slow down, especially on the highways. Take care.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
I am so terribly sorry to hear about the loss of a great best friend and father :eek: I actually had a step-sister die in a motorcycle accident as well, she was in her 40s. Stay strong, and best wishes to you and everyone who was touched by your dear best friend.

bubblez825

I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope that all goes well for you and his family, that no bad memories are left behind, and that he makes it to the next life and is watching over you and his family.I feel really blessed, because before I was born, my dad almost died in a motorcycle accident. The accident cost him to have surgery on his arm and he had to have a pin. Now, it doesn't hurt, but he can only bend his arm out to a 150-160* angle. Its like us. We can only bend certain parts of our body to an extent. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.

G

GeckoTeach

I am sorry for your loss, I will send warm thoughts your way.

FelanMoira

You and yours and his family are in my thoughts man at this time -

Holly - wife of a motorcycle rider (I was gonna say biker, but he's not what everyone envisions when you say biker)

Again, Thanks everybody for the support. I miss not seeing him, we would talk at least 2 or 3 times a week. He was one of my three best friends. He was someone who I could just talk about anything with and we knew everything about each other. I will get through it but I will always feel the loss. Again thanks for everything. This is why I like this site so much. We are all here for each other during the good and bad times.

Thank you all,
Scott McKillips

LeapinLizards

It's a BEAUT Clark!
I am so sorry to hear this Scott...it always scares me because my husband is the same way. He's reigned it in a little, but not before he got in an accident on his bike that left a good number of his bones broken and could have killed him. I'm so sorry and may your friend RIP.

Visit our friends