Have asked before, but just not sure??

justindh1

Just seems different then what most people say. This is the first time EVER i have heard someone say "Hypo Yellow"

I thought a hypo is yellow so there is no reason to ad the yellow in the name. Once it contains tangerine in the body then its a hypo tang,

So i guess now hypos are considered to have only spots inside thier bands and if they have them outside then they are high yellows?

It seems like your saying it doesn't matter what they look like but only what the parents look like and the genetics of the parents?

Just trying to understand your theory cause it only confuse what I have known.

It just seems that people want to come up with their own terms even tho "high yellow" been around for longer then most of the members here have been into geckos.

Coils

Gecko Geek
Just seems different then what most people say. This is the first time EVER i have heard someone say "Hypo Yellow"

I thought a hypo is yellow so there is no reason to ad the yellow in the name. Once it contains tangerine in the body then its a hypo tang,

So i guess now hypos are considered to have only spots inside thier bands and if they have them outside then they are high yellows?

It seems like your saying it doesn't matter what they look like but only what the parents look like and the genetics of the parents?

It just seems that people want to come up with their own terms even tho "high yellow" been around for longer then most of the members here have been into geckos.

I agree, I have never heard of a hypo -yellow- so I was only confused more by that explination.

I asked about it, but then wasn't given an answer back. *shrug*

robin

the animals is a result of it parents and genetics. ok it might look yellower than the "standard hypo tang" you see but it is still a hypo tang just a more yellow one. let me see if i can find a photo of what a true high yellow gecko is.

first here is a normal wild type leopard gecko

http://www.vmsherp.com/ImagePages/Leopards/Normal.htm

this is a very nice high yellow but notice how there is not hypo and definitely no tang and spotting over most of the body?

http://www.vmsherp.com/ImagePages/Leopards/HighYellow.htm

a true high yellow was a selective bred trait with no hypo or tang influence.

most newer people to geckos do not know about the history of leopards in private breeding over the last couple of decades. they only know what they have seen in the last few years. if people do their homeowork and ask the OLD breeders they can tell you more about them. kelli, albey, julie @ gecko ranch, marcia, the guys at vms, ron tremper and i know i am forgetting some others.

robin

damn i had this whole paragraph written up of history and such with photos and such and i hit the back space button and lost everything. once my eyes feel better i will try and rewrite it :/

it was about the hypo yellow or ray hine line hypos

Coils

Gecko Geek
the animals is a result of it parents and genetics. ok it might look yellower than the "standard hypo tang" you see but it is still a hypo tang just a more yellow one. let me see if i can find a photo of what a true high yellow gecko is.

this is a very nice high yellow but notice how there is not hypo and definitely no tang and spotting over most of the body?

most newer people to geckos do not know about the history of leopards in private breeding over the last couple of decades. they only know what they have seen in the last few years. if people do their homeowork and ask the OLD breeders they can tell you more about them. kelli, albey, julie @ gecko ranch, marcia, the guys at vms, ron tremper and i know i am forgetting some others.

This -is- doing homework...asking quesions here and learning more is another way of finding out all this information. Nothing wrong with asking questions or saying you haven't heard of something. Someone can clear it up nicely for us though.

Coils

Gecko Geek
oh and btw, for those who would care to know...Gizmo was a normal old pet store pick up. I guess I just had good tastes?

robin

nono i do not mind asking questions at all but also asking some of the older guys is a good idea too. they know more than me thats for sure. i will post the other info about the tangerines and ray hine line hypos later on.

Coils

Gecko Geek
nono i do not mind asking questions at all but also asking some of the older guys is a good idea too. they know more than me thats for sure. i will post the other info about the tangerines and ray hine line hypos later on.

Alright. Thanks. I have looked at a ton of things already, but gecko genetics just confuse me more than other things such as bps which I've got no problem understand.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater

There is no one rule of what makes a hypo a hypo, by phenotype. If it doesn't have dramatically reduced spotting, it's obviously not a hypo. After years of looking at thousands of geckos it gets fairly easy to tell what kind of lineage a gecko has. Atleast to an extent. I have been breeding leopards for ten years, and been active on forums since kingsnake was all that mattered. The "definitions" of high yellow, hypo, tang, what have you, all change frequently, not only over time, but from person to person too.

justindh1

After talking to some others about this I have a better understanding of what your talking about. Its just that the way you gave the information was a little confusing to me. I know that I am not a expert at all of this and am learning all the time. It just that I have never heard of that term ever and it was alittle confusing the way you explained it and provided your expertise to this topic.

Visit our friends