Holdback pastel calico

SFgeckos

Hopefully I can produce a bunch more next year and put the calico gene into many other morphs- with higher white! The pattern/amount of white varies so much and makes each hatchling a surprise. It also depends on the calico lines (Flora and Fauna, VPI sugar, Marc Bailey, NWE lines etc) I work with F&F and Marc Bailey bloodlines. Anyone else working with calicos? Post your pics! I have a few others I won't post publicly but those are my secret holdbacks hehe

Jon

Last edited:

robin

i would love to add a calico into our breedings! that is a beauty for sure. looking good jon!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Awesome looking snake! I've always liked calicoes and F&F line I think is the best of the best. Lots of potential with this gene, can't wait to see what you produce.

SFgeckos

Thanks for all the compliments!

Sugar, calico, bumblegum, whatever you call them- they are all very similar and stunning animals! Sugars from VPI line usually have a blackback but all different calico lines can produce aberrant/vanishing/fading calico animals when combined with other morphs. I think the F&F line has been around the longest (1994) so there's alot more animals available, but some of the newer lines also produce amazing calicos with orange/yellow speckles instead of just white.

Jon

Last edited:

Visit our friends