I'm Not Old!

jumper

Jack and Jill ...8 years together. They are inseperable. She's the boss.
Normals003.jpg

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I have a ~9 year old gecko (in my avatar photo) I've had her whole life, so I know her hatch date +/- 1 year. Got her in high school (can't remember if she was born junior or senior year) and she's always been a picky princess. She looks pretty much the same as she has since she got her adult markings.

I also have two 17+ year old geckos and they are the most intense personalities of my group, bar the crazy snow enigma, and absolutely the best eaters. Sweet to people, but not to any form of bug. I've only had them for 2 years, got them from a guy on CL that had them at least 15 years and got them as adults. So who knows? But at least 17. Mama does have wrinkly skin on her sides and Papa has some white opacity to his eyes (he still sees fine), but that's about it for aging changes.

Papa (at 16) when he escaped last year by shimmying up the water bottle and squeezing out a little hole:
2529434770101411228S500x500Q85.jpg

Mama (at 16) climbing around:
2676350910101411228S500x500Q85.jpg

WOW!! Both Papa and Mama looks great at 16+ age!

Haligren

is behind you.
Would Normals live longer than other morphs as their genetics have been less messed with?

Beautiful leos, all, btw. Gotta love those classy spots! Tiamat is only a little over 1, and Mandarin will be 1 this coming spring. :)

Alusdra

I don't think a normal necessarily would live longer... but 15+ years ago the only 'morphs' were high yellows. Which are considered to be 'normal' nowadays, usually. We will have to wait another decade to see the various morphs as old as we can see normals today.

Visit our friends