Morph trends question

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I don't know if this the right place to put this, but it seemed appropriate.

I'm really learning a lot about leos, and the genetics and behavior are very interesting to me, but I'm not a big fan of white and pastel animals. It seems the hobby as a whole has moved more toward the white end of the spectrum. Does anybody know of any dark animal projects going on? I'd love to get involved in something like that.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
One very interesting project is the attempt to create a black gecko. If you google "black velvet" or "hypermelanistic" you will find many posts. The "black velvets" are currently very expensive but that will eventually change.

Another project with markings are bold stripes. Check out the posts about the R2 line of geckos

Many enigmas have really lovely speckling, though much of the body is non-spotty.

Also, many het blizzard geckos have speckles (I really like speckles), though I don't know of people who put a premium on them.

ALiza

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
TUG is working with Black Pearls, a melanistic project. There are a few other breeders working on Black leopard geckos as well, no definative results yet I believe.

robin

correction, people like ORANGE and hypo animals. i dig orange but i like tangs not hypos i like me some pattern and i love bold morphs!

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
correction, people like ORANGE and hypo animals. i dig orange but i like tangs not hypos i like me some pattern and i love bold morphs!

I like the really orange ones better than most, but it seems that leos in general are more to the lighter shade than the darker shade. Is this because selective breeding, or is that just the way they are. I think the black velvets are the coolest ones I've seen and would love to see more of them, and having one would be even better.

Visit our friends