New Shipment of crickets - What was in the box?

justindh1

I got a shipment of crickets in today and saw this little guy. I'm not sure but he looks like a Brown Recluse. Like I said, I'm not sure but wabted to get some of your opinions. Yay or Nay?
DSC00596.jpg

DSC005962.jpg

The second picture show you how big he actually is compared to a bean farm note pad!

I also wanted to show how great my camera is. The first pic is just a zoomed in and cropped copy from the second picture. Nice clear in the first picture even for magnifying it from the second. Man I love it!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I'm not positive what species that is, but it's not a brown recluse. There are two majorly distinguising characteristics of the brown recluse. One is the eyes, Brown recluses have 6 eyes, arranged in pairs on the thorax, one in the center and a pair on either side(looks kind of like a pair of eyes and a nose). Very few other spiders have this ocular arrangement(most have 8 eyes). Also, brown recluse lack markings on the legs and abdomen, which that spider clearly has. Just a guess, but I'd say thats a species of crab spider, completely harmless. Nice pics, btw.

AlexB

I'm not positive what species that is, but it's not a brown recluse. There are two majorly distinguising characteristics of the brown recluse. One is the eyes, Brown recluses have 6 eyes, arranged in pairs on the thorax, one in the center and a pair on either side(looks kind of like a pair of eyes and a nose). Very few other spiders have this ocular arrangement(most have 8 eyes). Also, brown recluse lack markings on the legs and abdomen, which that spider clearly has. Just a guess, but I'd say thats a species of crab spider, completely harmless. Nice pics, btw.

+1, also it doesnt has the violin shaped mark on the abdomen

justindh1

Well thats good to know. I wasn't for sure since this thing was half the size of a dime. Then once I took the pictures and zoomed I still wasn't for sure. Thanks or helping!

Visit our friends