New with a few questions.. Spray and sexing.

Emcee101

I seen a odd thing on a website that said I should spray them.... I have no drainage system, and I figured the water dish was sufficient? Just purcashed this Leo today from Petland. My buddy runs the place so a cheap guy and small set up supplies( his employees hooked me up all wrong..... Came back with a aquarium, ehhh ok....a low watt moonlight bulb. a 10.0 uvb bulb (wouldn't even use that for my chameleon....) heat pad. Cal sand (I have a Juvie... sorry didn't know!) Annnnd......... I think my lil dude is a dude.... upload a top and side pic?

426161_10150605936744398_723544397_9221280_461735403_n.jpg

422865_10150605935894398_723544397_9221278_945353393_n.jpg

Emcee101

Male or female

Ohh btw I own a year old Veiled Cham named Reggie, he's a Newtons Bloodline offspring I've had since he was 3 months. This Leo my fiance has named Caspa. Sooo hey everybody!

lozza.bella

Hiya Congratulations on your first leo :), They aren't over fond on spraying, but they do like a nice moist hide and a water bowl.Will need to see a pic of his vent to see if he is a she ;) Hope you got your enclosure sorted out :D

Emcee101

*I asked for help sexing.... not where to get info to sex the thing. *

Last edited by a moderator:

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
*I asked for help sexing.... not where to get info to sex the thing.*

omg. lol.

Anyways,
Post a picture of the geckos vent area and we may be able to help sex it for you.

Emcee101

Lol, I'm truely a nice person. Anyways, if this doesn't help, please tell me and ill take another. Fiance just wants to know before we go get the other one. (We want to seperate till older)
417514_10150606803534398_723544397_9224291_407961147_n.jpg

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
*I asked for help sexing.... not where to get info to sex the thing. *

This is a rather inappropriate post seeing as how there are younger forum members who don't need to see your opinion about Russel. Not saying that researching it would have made it easier or know where to look to sex a Leopard Gecko...but here is a link which will provide MANY links to sites which will explain it (http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...sexing&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701) as well as one from our very own forum (http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=81356&highlight=sexing). The image you provided is not clear enough to see pores...but I would assume female based on the lack of bulged caudal to the cloaca. Hope I wasn't too lethargic in my response.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Its still pretty small.
Sometimes geckos can looks female for a long time, and then suddenly turn into a male "overnight".
I would just keep your second gecko seperated anyways, not all geckos get along. :)

Emcee101

Awww please no butt hurtism on my threads. I don't care if your a admin, if you have a remark and don't like my response, *. I'm not stuck behind computer screens all day, but enjoy reptiles. Honestly thank you Enig & Katie! =D

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
Emcee101 said:

Emcee101 said:

Emcee101 said:
I don't care if your a admin, if you have a remark and don't like my response, *.

I'm sick of your cussing. It's simply no way to act on an online forum, where there could be, as Travis stated, younger kids. It's incredibly inappropriate, obscene and just plain rude. It doesn't matter if you're angry at someone or not, there is simply no need to use that kind of language on a forum. Nobody is going to have any desire to help you if you talk like that. I'd find a way to figure it out because if you keep this up, you are on your way to a swift ban.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
I have to agree with Travis...looks female to me. The only other thing I want to say is if you enjoy this forum and want to stay a member, I'd tone it down a little. Swearing and even abbreviated swearing aren't tolerated here. There are kids who read these posts and they don't need to see that kind of talk. Your going to get responses to your questions that you may not like but that's how it goes. Tone it down and respect others here and you'll have a good time.....mouth off and swear and you'll be gone in a flash. No disrespect, just letting you know how it is so you can enjoy the forum.

coker101

go to google and type in leopard gecko sexing. A little research goes a long way

I don't think Russelm was being rude but just pointing out that you should read up a bit.

Not attacking you at all....I'm kind of new as well and have asked a lot of questions too.

Just relax a bit...I know how people on fourms can be but this one is not so much like that from what I have seen.

marc26

Well i didnt know anything bout geckos until i signed up here hence why i signed up! I did research but found research from actual owners was better than research on google!!

Also agree no such language should be used!!

But getting to point of thread??? Looks female but as stated may still be too young to tell yet!!

Emcee101

Lol, love the people that were offended. Made me smile! Haha thanks everyone..... now go smack yourselves!

leezard

It has nothing to do with being offended is has to do with the fact CHILDREN visit these boards and do not need to see this garbage.

People tried to help you, you might try to drop the attitude.

Emcee101

Kids cuss infront of kids, teachers cussinfront of teachers, parents cuss infront of parents, students cuss infront of students. When you mix 2 groups its bad. So I think you should wake up before commenting again Leezard. I'm a grown man. Be gone with ya self, and refrain from commenting with your awesomeness.

leezard

So instead of trying to be a better person than all those you hang around with you lower yourself to their level.. you're really showing your maturity. I happen to have about 20 more years on you and see NO need for your kind of childish garbage around here. The really sad part is we have a number of people 16 and under that act a heck of a lot more mature than you.

If you wish to keep up this attitude go for it.. but don't expect it to be accepted around here.

Last edited:

Visit our friends