Pics of my reptiles

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
G'day all,

After several failed attempts to upload pics to my profile album i thought i would start a thread and post pics that way.

Anyway, here are the pics-
Note: The quality isn't the best and some photos have a weird red glow due to infrared lighting.

33vjhb8.jpg

2mza91h.jpg

6t2u1k.jpg

2ushk46.jpg

dfftia.jpg

2vl5npj.jpg

23mq39.jpg

2ir94dz.jpg

30aqn90.jpg

hsnkop.jpg

For more pics check out my profile album, i was able to upload a few but for some reason can not upload anymore.

Cheers-

Darren

Last edited:

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
The pictures aren't the best and i probably shouldn't have posted pics of my Eramiscincus richardsoni (Broad Banded Sand Swimmer) being that its the geckos section but im sure Kelli won't mind lol

Just thought i would also note that the The Underwoodisaurus milii tank and the S.taenicauda tank usually have a mix of natural sand, coca fiber and a little leaf litter. These photos were taken after the tanks were cleaned and haven't yet put the sand/coca fiber or leaf litter back in.

I have also taken out the spinifex type grass from the sand swimmers tank as they were pooing on it and it was getting too hard to clean.

Last edited:

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Thanks for the comments, yeah i liked the spinifex too but when its always got poop on it it starts to smell even after boiling it in salt and lemon water.

I may buy fake spinifex and put that in there as plastic plants are much easier to keep clean but i have a fair bit of the stuff growing in my back yard so i can always put some back in the enclosure at some point.

Here are a few more pics of my Stroph's -

2n1gb5e.jpg

2zsodbb.jpg

fc0mdv.jpg

Gregg M

Registered Member
Darren, your taenicauda is really cool... There is only like 1 or 2 breeders here in the US that have them and they go for BIG bucks...

That is a male no doubt...

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Thanks for the comments and glad you noticed my male golden tailed, lol a bit hard not to notice hey.

Naah i didn't clean up or arrange the poop spoons just for the picture lol. You got to keep things tidy and clean here or the ants will come in the thousands, its happened before. Had to clean all 3 enclosures.

You probably guessed whats in those two containers but encase anyone is wondering, ive got supers in the big one and mini mealies in the small one.

So Gregg, what do you think of my enclosures mate?

Ill try to take some clearer pics of all 3 again and update this thread.

Cheers-

Darren

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
smc6mq.jpg

2ln6zhf.jpg

apb8kz.jpg

A nice back to back shot.

hx9bax.jpg

This one is solely to show you how vibrant the tail stripe is.
24eqkpu.jpg

LOL what a poser.

S.taenicauda are primarily arboreal but will also move about on the ground at night, often moving between trees and when feeding. Enclosures should really allow for both arboreal and terrestrial habitats.

This species are best housed in pairs or males with multiples females (no more than 3-4). A pair of medium or large species can be kept in an enclosure with a floor area of 20cm x 20cm and a height of 30 cm. Excessively large enclosures will definitely make it more difficult for them to catch their meals.

Upright branches of a width similar to the tail width should be provided and should be placed horizontally, vertically and at oblique angles. Best to use dry branches permanently fixed within the enclosure. Although they will spend a great deal of time resting in the branches they will need some dark hide areas.

Any loose clean substrate is suitable, i use sand or sand/coca fiber mix. Heating is not essential but some do enjoy basking, I personally use a low wattage basking lamp, just warm enough for them to bask up on the high branches. Although in Queensland this isn't often needed but for those interested in temps 28-30 o C is recommended and winter temperatures may be allowed to fall to 15-20 o C. Juveniles should be heated for 6 months.

That's about it, the only other thing i might add is that this species posses a series of tail glands and have the ability to smear there gland contents on an attacker when grasped, stressed or unhappy.
I have never seen this happen as both of mine seem pretty happy and are always well cared for but i have heard it is a golden syrupy color and consistency and is quite pungent.

Last edited:

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
153r42o.jpg

35i9jia.jpg

24ew6yo.jpg

My sand swimmers are posers lol, always pretty active and are def not skittish.

2cq1mif.jpg

These are all the pics i have at present. will take some more of the thick tailds when i get a chance.

Enjoy. -

Darren

Hiccup

What are the ones with the super fat tails and light bands all down their body? I like them.

Visit our friends