Scrabble or Over easy?

would you cook, or do you think its wrong?

• Total voters

chazthaking2

Now don't anybody out there get upset with me, I just was always curious to see what and if people have thought about this. Who would cook a reptile egg, and of course eat it?

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
That sir, is a strange question. Which leads me to my strange answer...

All the inherent hangups that I would have about eating a reptile egg aside, how the heck would I crack it?

Nope.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Im sure somewhere around the world people eat reptile eggs as a delicacy, but I sir will stick to the chickens. Depending on the reptile, and if it was your prerogative to eat the eggs of course, that may be a few hundred dollar omelet.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Like someone else said, Im sure somewhere in the world it is done-
It just depends on the culture.
Here, in America(at least where I am, I know this website is worldwide), most people dont do things like that. They dont eat "pets". And for most people on this forum, reptiles are pets.
However, to think culturally there are places in the world that eat dog, cat, horses and Im sure reptiles... so you kinda have to have an open mind when you visit those places.

With that being said, I would not eat any of the above species mentioned in America. (with the exception of perhaps rattlesnake and alligator. Rusty is still trying to get me to try those).
However, if I traveled to a different country to open myself up to their culture and they offered me one of those mentioned things as a delicacy... I guess I would have to try it.(However, I think most of your smaller reptiles and reptile eggs are too small to eat).
People in India think we are crazy because we eat cows...
And people in the middle east think the same about us eating pigs...
Its all about culture. Does that make sense? Or do I just sound crazy now?

Cammyron

alligator meat is very good, and on my travels i have also sampled kangaroo, pigeon, sea snails, etc and they've all been surprisingly tasty

but from a point of view of eating your pet's babies (fertilized or not)... makes my stomach turn

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have a pretty good recipe for rattlesnake. I got it as a post card from Texas many moons ago and decided I was going to try it. It was actually quite tasty

erik

Gecko Newbie
We always talked about how privileged those Discovery reporters were that they got to travel all over the world as part of their job. Until we saw one guy trying to blend in with the locals of Lapland (Finland). Their delicacy was sheep head, nothing more nothing less. You got the entire skull and the point was to empty it. The eyes were the best part apparently. There and then I decided that maybe it wasn't the best job in the world...

Coils

Gecko Geek
We always talked about how privileged those Discovery reporters were that they got to travel all over the world as part of their job. Until we saw one guy trying to blend in with the locals of Lapland (Finland). Their delicacy was sheep head, nothing more nothing less. You got the entire skull and the point was to empty it. The eyes were the best part apparently. There and then I decided that maybe it wasn't the best job in the world...

double eeeew!!

Visit our friends