Sexing Issues!

Coils

Gecko Geek
Okaaay, So I think I know what is what...but I am looking for someone who REALLY knows what they are looking at here to help me out. DX

Coils

Gecko Geek
Here is an actual boy, soooo is the first one really a boy too. I thought so, but i was hoping for two girls! DX I actually look more at the hemipene bulges than at the pores since some males look like females that way and vise versa.

Last edited:

Coils

Gecko Geek
Anyone else? I have one for female and then one for male regaurding the first picture. I am not sure how old they are, but they are both around 25-30 grams right now.

Coils

Gecko Geek
Gah, you guys are so confusing, lol!

I think there are some LITTLE bulges on the one, but if females can have bulges too I would have guessed female. But then when I got Rex my definite male also posted there I got super confused...he's got bigger bulges, but it looks similar to the first one above and I don't have a magnifying glass to look at pores.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
#1 isn't very bulgy ( is that even a word? :p ), but the preanal pores look too well developed for a female. I'm still leaning toward male. Maybe it's a he-she. :D

robin

Here a few more shots of "it", just to be certain...(double check if you wanna)
the first two photos looks like a him for sure but those second once from underneath look femaleish. gah do you have larger images of the last couple of photos?

Coils

Gecko Geek

lol, it really is a he-she I think. It's so hard to tell when you should be able at 28 grams! >_<

My other male has like...no pores, but bulges as you can see in the picture above. He is only 23, but this "shim" doesn't seem to have as big as he does, but more noticable pores at 28 grams. Soooo...I am very confused!

The larger the images get the more blurry they are, but hold on.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Now I'm second guessing myself, that pic looks more like a female with slightly over-developed pores. :main_huh:

Coils

Gecko Geek
Now I'm second guessing myself, that pic looks more like a female with slightly over-developed pores. :main_huh:

This what I have been doing...back and forth and back and forth, there is always SOMETHING that is way more difficult than it should be for me. XD

robin

LOL yeah thats a hrd one. i am going to say officially the first gecko I DONT know LOL and the second is a female LOL

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
You could put it in with your known male, if they fight it's a male, and if they get it on it's a female. :D Just kidding of course, maybe, kind of... :p

MiamiLeos

i had a female with "boyish" pores. i bought her when she was about 25g thinking she was a he. although she had more obvious pores, she never developed any "manhood" and continued to grow and develop into a nice young lady. i had originally named her jack, but changed her name to jacquline ;)

Visit our friends