Sexing Issues!

Coils

Gecko Geek
2nd one without a doubt a female.I do not know a lot but can it been a temperatured female but ended up as an male so it messed with the hemipene?

Uuum, I don't think so. they are just either male or female...maybe a male could pop up in a female incubated group, but it wouldn't be still considered a female.

Coils

Gecko Geek
You could put it in with your known male, if they fight it's a male, and if they get it on it's a female. :D Just kidding of course, maybe, kind of... :p

Lol would they even fight at that age already? I've had them close to one another and stuff without aggression, but I don't think I would let them get it on at 28 grams @_@

Coils

Gecko Geek
Those last few pics are female. Actually, all the pics i've seen so far I think are female.

I am really hoping so, she-he-it has actually been living with my other girl for about a month now because i thought it was a girl in the first place, but then when I got Rex...my male it started to confuse me so bad.

So, I wanted to make sure it wasn't male for sure and separate them so they wouldn't be doing any early breeding if it WAS a male. So far I haven't seen any mating behavior from he-she-it.

Last edited:

Coils

Gecko Geek
Ok I was looking in the hatchling thread and found this yesterday maybe this can help.
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=26095

Yes, I have seen this, but I honestly think that's almost harder for a 28 gram gecko. Maybe I need a bigger flashlight, but I was TRYING to do that already and couldn't tell what I was looking at...maybe my eyes are bad or something! >_< *goes to look for better flash light*

Visit our friends