Show Off Your Cages

jigsaw

Added some led lighting for a moon light effect and took the tops off to show all the hides (bad pics with the cell phone).
tank6.jpg

tank7.jpg

Dreamsong

Two of my old setups, Hiryu and Sanzo's cages. And what I'm hoping to make my castle project look like for a new female leo.

Petses019.jpg
Petses018.jpg

Tank Design Castle - WIP.png

kingkung

My first Leopard gecko setup. I plan on replacing the home made moist hide with the exo-terra gecko cave.

Loving her reptile den.

Last edited:

Addicted2Reptiles

So this is my mediocre setup compared to all of these custom enclosures. They all look great guys! giving me lots of ideas

So this is Loki's enclosure, I had him on crushed walnut until I was looking around on these forums and immediately removed it from his habitat. Brown Repti Carpet soon to be put in and I have a digital thermometer coming too.

The front right is where he goes to the bathroom so I keep that clear

and heres Loki

CM2080

My 1st post. I'm mainly interested in feedback on how I can improve their habitat. If there are any glaring errors on my part please let me know. I've only had Geckos for about 4 months. Prior to that I had a Chameleon, so this is just about 180 degrees different as far as their habitats go.
Thanks in advance for the insight.

First photo is of the overall habitat. Its a 20 gallon tank with two ++++++++ hides and the hardening substrate. The left side of the tank is cooler inside the moist hid and has a basking spot on top. The right side hide has no direct light but there is a heating pad under the tank. It stays around 75-80 degrees in there and is by far the favorite hangout in the habitat.
photo1_zpsda33e46b.jpg

Second is the family. I have 1 male and 2 females. The males is on the right, and the two females on the left.
IMG_1946_zpsb25f8e56.jpg

Third is the maoist hide. I used non-toxic silicone to make a tight seal on the bottom of the hide to the glass bottom of the tank. Its water tight and has been filled with moss from ++++++++ as swell as a 1/4 cup of water.
photo4_zps930f573b.jpg
Eventually I'd like to add a water feature (in the moist hide) to provide, recycle and filter the water.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. I mastered the humid habitat for my Chameleon and had a nice autonomous terrarium. Now I'm looking to do the same here. If anyone has suggestions on heating I'd love to hear about it. I'm using the heating pad as well as the IR bulb as my only heating sources. I'm having a difficult time getting the tank to above 75 degrees. The ambient air in my warm hide is 78.2 degrees but I'd like to get it up to 80 at the least. The basking spot is about 80-85 degrees, depending on the ambient air in the house. The moist hide keeps 68-70 consistently.

Last edited:

Elgreco

Just put tile in my 10g tank. Its a nice texture. Not slick but not too rough. I have to monitor the ground temps with the tile and see if I need a uth or not.

Visit our friends