thermostats

Samantha

I need to know what kind of thermostats u use for ur racks with heat tape. I looked into helix and reptistat but just wanted to know ur recommidentions

Tommy13b

Id recomend a ranco thermostat, there pretty nice, easy to use, and they get the job done well, but you have to rewire them when you get them. Some vendors at shows and online will do it for you for some extra $. Your basic ranco cost around $60, but if you want a pre wired one it cost around $85.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Ranco and/or Johnsons gets my vote as well. Herpstats and Helixes work great, if you want a proportional thermo I'd definately go with either. But Rancos and Johnsons are slightly cheaper and do the job just as well.

RampantReptiles

Oh I didnt even realize that Ranco is the thermostat I used to have... it worked great! Think I might buy a new one.

Where is a good place to buy one? My X was the one who bought it and never clued me in on where or what he was buying... My old one had a power strip coming out of it to do multiple plugs.

sammer021486

Oh I didnt even realize that Ranco is the thermostat I used to have... it worked great! Think I might buy a new one.

Where is a good place to buy one? My X was the one who bought it and never clued me in on where or what he was buying... My old one had a power strip coming out of it to do multiple plugs.

www.pexsupply.com has unwired Rancos for $50 and I think that www.reptilebasics.com has the best prices for the wired Ranco and Johnsons.

Not much difference between the Ranco and Johnson, except that the Johnson has an 'anti short cycle timer' which from what I gather is meant to prevent compressor units on fridges, freezers, etc. from starting prematurely and burning out the compressor.

Visit our friends