Tupperware Viv

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
So I finally broke down and made one of these things. The persnickety purist in me put up a good fight, but being pressed for time finally won out, since I'm expecting a few new animals soon. Also, I found brown containers at Home Depot. I know it's silly, but the earth tone color is what pushed me over the edge. Anyway, they're pretty easy to make, and good for high humidity animals like the Uroplatus I have in there. All total, I probably have $20 in the enclosure itself, and about an hour. But I did do most of the work on a second one, the time should really be shaved down a bit for one.

I totally ripped the idea off somebody else, but he probably ripped it off another guy so it's all good. :main_thumbsup:

2.jpg

1.jpg

uroplatus99

Very cool... been fighting the urge to do the same myself... Instead, for the U phantasticus I got, and will be doing it for a few more, I did something simular with a 10 gallon tank and some screen making materials :)

But very cool... and I am sure I will make a few of these myself :)

Northstar Herp

I'm guessing it'd work just fine. I'm seriously considering switching all of my stuff to tupperware -based enclosures. You may wanna tone down the size a bit for gargs though. The one in the picture is a 45g. If you look close, you can see my fimb. He's about 12" long.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Looks good, man. I really like this design. I've got a few similiar ones setup with 73 quarts for gargs and they do very well in them.

Northstar Herp

I'm gonna move my garg pair into one of these, smaller like you're keeping yours, when they come out of quarantine.

I really love the brown color, and will probably go buy two more of them just in case. You never know when they're gonna change styles.

Northstar Herp

What is that thing supporting the bottom of the tupperware- some other tank? srry, I just can't tell from the photo.

Funny question :p

Yeah, it's another tank. I recently made this room in my basement for the herps, and while they are in there and it's functional, it's certainly not done. Tis a work in progress. Eventually, there will be a desktop to the right of the new enclosure, and it will be hung on the wall, but for now I needed something to set it on besides the floor. The tubs don't like to stand up on a flat surface since they bottom is tapered and the handle hangs down. It's pretty stable for now sitting on that bow tank.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Just a tip: If you put these on a shelf and let the edge hang over the lip of the shelf it'll sit straight. I have mine on wire bakers shelving and they sit very nicely with a slight protrusion of the lip of the bin over the shelf edge.

Visit our friends