Where does yours poop?

Which side of the tank does your Leo poop.

• Warm

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • Cool

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Between

Votes: 14 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remy

I was just curious....

What side of your tank does your leo poop?

Warm? Cool? In between?

It just seems that mine is always on the warm side.

Random question!

shadowdragon619

Finds me a dragon!
both of mine poop on the cool side. Spaz will go only on the substrate (i have reptile carpet) but Wretch on the other hand...he likes to poop on his cool side hide. little bugger.

Remy

I had bought a new hide and put it on the warm side and she pooped a couple of times on it. I then moved it, being slightly insulted seeing as I had just bought it. I moved it to the cool side and she continued her business at the same spot. I simply now put toilet paper in that spot. Works wonders!

RampantReptiles

Geckos pick a spot and then go there. You can sometimes encourage them to go in a different spot by moving some of the poo to where you want them to go. On my rack system I try to encourage my geckos to go behind the hide on the warm side. Otherwise if they go on the cool side they end up going in their food dish or water which is much worse. Also very annoying when they go inside the warm hide.

So most of my guys go on the warm side. A couple prefer the cool side. And my enigmas just like to go everywhere.... messy little things grrrr

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Some of mine go on the warm side, some on the cool, a couple like their humid hides, and worst of all one prefers her water dish. :main_huh:

Khrysty

One of mine...well, she's my boyfriend's really...she goes in the inch of her tank that isn't covered in shelf liner lol. I guess it's on the "cold side" but her heater's in the middle of her tank...so like...both extreme sides are the cold side and the middle is the warm side

P

Plonar

Mine actually does its business in the corner on the cool side.

CallDr

Mine for now on the warm side. She will make a surprise place like her mealworm dish...I don't know if that is a hint for me or not...LOL!

janjgeckos

In the water dish, calcium dish, on top of their hides, but several do it in the cool side corner of their tubs. I must have one in each tub that wants to be a rebel and poop in the dishes and on top the hides.

Well before I cleaned my geckos cage it was the warm side. Now they found a nice corner spot next to the water dish on the cool side.
And my crested, she likes to poop on me or right after I clean the tank and put her back in.

TickoLucky

RIP Lucky
Mine poops on a rock that sits in between the hot and cool side or on occasion he poops on top of the cool hide

Mallie

Mine goes for the cool side, luckily. The thought of heated gecko poo doesn't sound pleasant >.<

Shera

The cool side, but I think it's because there is some room behind the cool hide, whereas the warm hide is right up against the wall.

GeckoNub

3/5 of mine poop on their cool hide...its not so bad really as theyre the resin things so its just wipe clean.

Daisy likes to put her butt right up to the side of the plastic and squit one out while ur watching :main_rolleyes:

Last few times Freya has used her water dish as a toilet which isnt so nice but i can think of worse things to clean ;)

To be perfectly honest mine are better poopers than eaters. Sometimes i dont know where the poop has come from cos they havent eaten in a week :main_huh:

K

KyleR

I can beat all you guys. Mine climbs up on the top of a fake barrell cactus that is up against to the back wall background and poops off the edge. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. Kept finding poop that was on the rock background 4 inches from ground level. Figured he wasn't doing a front hand stand to poop, so he must be up on the cactus doing it. :)

Visit our friends