Bruce Stephenson vs GKO Reptiles EVERYONE PLEASE READ

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
Its like Jeremy said, I have amazing moments of brilliance and then a brain fart. My more intelligent side comes out during arguements like these.

S

shrap

Bruce,

No one likes to be out $1000. But be a man and take some responsibility for your own actions for crying out loud. To try and act like you are without fault and entitled to a refund of any kind is laughable at best. You need to be a man and just admit to yourself you messed up and have no one to blame but yourself.

I know if I was in your shoes Bruce I would be personally kicking MYSELF in the ass, not trying to blame others for my own mistakes. Blaming them and trying to get my money back for my own mistake is something that would not even enter my realm of thought.

Gregg M

Registered Member
gko reptiles said:
There were also moist paper towels in each deli cup. Also, There was packaging material in the box to insure that the geckos didn't move around.

With that said, I see no issue on your end... Sounds like some one should have been home to get the delivery...

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Sorry to say, but I think Bruce is totally in the wrong here. It sounds like GKO did everything to get the geckos there safely and doesn't need to give any kind of refund. Like Kelli said, sometimes people are unable to get to the door exactly when the courier delivers, BUT, the courier came back a second time trying to deliver on Bruce's request and even called Bruce's cell phone, and still Bruce didn't come to the door. I have had customers not be able to get to the door exactly when Fed Ex tried to delivery, but, they did everything in their power to get the geckos, even if it meant driving to the fed ex building themselves and getting the geckos.

Whenever I ship Geckos out, I make sure that the receiver understands that they need to be there to receive the geckos, I ship all my geckos out with a Direct Signature needed, so, if the person for some reason isn't there to except them, they aren't sitting on a porch possibly in the direct sun light. The only real losers/sufferers in the deal are the Geckos, and unfortunately they paid the ultimate price for someones negligence.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Since this thread has really gone to rest, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read about our situation. I would like to give a special thanks to everyone who responded, reguardless of stance on the matter at hand. I hope that everyone has learned something that they can take with them from reading this. Best Wishes to everyone, and Good Luck in all that you do.

J

Jedi Master Bruce

KelliH said:
I have to say that I have sold to both Bruce and GKO Reptiles and both were fantastic customers to deal with. My thoughts on this situation are very clear and concise. If I know that I am to be receiving animals on a particular morning, I make sure that I am home and ready to receive them. Now, some things are out of our control so to speak (what if Bruce was in the bathroom, what if an emergency came up and he had to leave etc, when Fed Ex rang the doorbell). Still, I feel as a customer it is my responsibility to make sure I am home and able to receive the animals I know are arriving that morning when they arrive. If GKO's written terms on their website state that their live arrival guarantee is null and void if the package isn't signed for, then the situation is pretty clear. I ship all my geckos, no matter the value, signature required. I do not want my animals left on someone's porch, I want them signed for and received by the buyer.

Sorry Bruce, I just truly feel you are in the wrong on this one. Especially if they offered to meet you halfway on the deal and you declined. I just don't see how any of it is GKO's fault. They did the proper thing by shipping their animals signature required, I expect no less from anyone that ships geckos to me. BTW, Christine, do you have a copy of the email where you guys offered Bruce half the money back? It might be helpful if you go ahead and post that here.

I am not in the wrong KELLI. These little profanity removed never offered me halfway on the deal, and when I called them on it here, they never sent a check. I am SHOCKED that you took their word over mine without any proof. After all I have done to help you - but this is the reptile business, go figure. Sammy you are a real Despariging name calling and I am going Threat removed when I catch up to you along with the others here. GKO are desparaging comment and so are their friends here. See you at the next show. It will be my pleasure.

Edited for profanity,threats and name calling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arconna

You want people to take your side on this matter yet all I keep seeing is you labeling people with derogatory remarks. This reminds me of something that was going on at Fauna that I was reading. It's childish. You're alienating yourself from the people you want to support you in this matter by just calling people names. Think about that...

BalloonzForU

Jedi Master Bruce said:
I am going to do something stupid when I catch up to you along with the others here. GKO are Bad Name and so are their friends here. See you at the next show. It will be my pleasure.

That sounds like a threat! :main_thumbsdown:

Arconna

I noticed that too Ballonz...threats aren't exactly the best way to get people on your side either. Makes you seem, well, rather childish.

marula

Jedi Master Bruce said:
I am not in the wrong KELLI. These little EDIT never offered me halfway on the deal, and when I called them on it here, they never sent a check. I am SHOCKED that you took their word over mine without any proof. After all I have done to help you - but this is the reptile business, go figure. Sammy you are a real EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT and I am going to DO SOMETHING STUPID when I catch up to you along with the others here. GKO are EDIT and so are their friends here. See you at the next show. It will be my pleasure.

...first of all..i don't know gko reptile..but with this treat all now know you have some problem....next time..when some LIVE animal caming (and you know this the day before!) try to stay at home..they death...for your fault..is not an economic question...

R

Russ S

sorry for editing your posts people, but i couldn't leave the language and threats in the quotes

BalloonzForU

I understand that Russ, but at the same time I think people should know what he said, it goes to character.

Edit: Thank you Russ!

Last edited:

marula

is not a problem...i understand...he only need to try to be a little "apologize" for his fault and the death of 5 geckos...he only tolking about money...never say for only one time nothing about them...

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Bruce, Im not sure why you brought up a post that Kelli made almost 2 months ago now?

I have my opinion on this but will keep it to myself for now as I have since this all happened. I don't know, maybe I should put my penny and a half in but Im not sure if I should.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Jedi Master Bruce said:
and I am going Threat removed when I catch up to you along with the others here.

Sounds like he was threatening everyone. His True colors are definately showing through.

KelliH

Bruce

I am not in the wrong KELLI. These little profanity removed never offered me halfway on the deal, and when I called them on it here, they never sent a check. I am SHOCKED that you took their word over mine without any proof. After all I have done to help you - but this is the reptile business, go figure. Sammy you are a real Despariging name calling and I am going Threat removed when I catch up to you along with the others here. GKO are desparaging comment and so are their friends here. See you at the next show. It will be my pleasure.

I'm not sure what brought this back up. When we spoke on the phone shortly after this happened, I told you that I had to take the side of GKO in this instance because of the fact that you did not/could not answer the door when Fed Ex attempted delivery. If I shipped geckos to a customer and they did not accept delivery and the geckos died, I wouldn't feel like I was at fault. I don't really think anyone reasonable would, but perhaps I am wrong.

I am really sorry you feel this way, as I stated previously in this thread, you have been a fantastic customer. I had planned on posting in this thread about our most recent transaction, unfortunately I have been quite busy the past few days (that happens when your 5 year old has chickenpox and is home from school). Anyway, if that's what pissed you off, my apologies. For the record, Bruce has been a fantastic customer and I would not hesitate to buy a gecko from him. The same goes for GKO. Thanks.

S

shrap

Russ, what was that just an BUTT kicking I was going to get from Bruce or a pine box?

Edited for language.

crestedgeckogirly

Seriously Bruce, what brought this up again? Anyone that isn't there to receive a package is at fault, PERIOD.

What's the sense of beating this to death again? And I agree that it's a shame that in all this all you've complained about is the money lost. The real victims were the geckos that died a horrible death b/c you couldn't have the decency to open your freakin door.

GROW UP, and LET IT GO.

And peace be with the poor creatures that suffered at your hands.

-Andrea

R

Russ S

shrap said:
Russ, what that just an BUTT kicking I was going to get from Bruce or a pine box?

Edited for language.
I think he just wants to buy you lunch.

Visit our friends