I'm Not Old!

Coils

Gecko Geek
Hey everyone, I was wondering who here has the oldest leo and what that age might be.

They have a certain average listed in a ton of books, but does anyone really have a lizard -that- old right now?? Would love to know who you AND your lizard are if so! :)

Coils

Gecko Geek
I wish that could my leo. but :/ lol. my leo is about 7 or 6 month old. :]

Yeah so far all my leos are in the 6-7 month range or less, but does anyone actually have an old one? Lol, would love to see some pictures...even if only a couple years old.

I wonder if leos get grumpy with old age, lol

softballstud_1099

My Sons leo is a 9 year old lazy pet. I got here in 2001 and she has been with me every since. Hope you enjoy her pic.

HPIM0734.jpg

STUTFL

Mine's been a bit dull since I got him, but I don't know if it's from age or just his coloring.
(Though in the above pic he's getting ready to shed, so he's at maximum mud-color :laugh: )

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Bambi is my oldest girl, she is 8-9 years old. I got her as a sub-adult in 2002.
Bambi_100101_02.jpg

Bubu is my oldest boy, about 8 years old too.
Bubu_100101_02.jpg

Coils

Gecko Geek
Bambi is my oldest girl, she is 8-9 years old. I got her as a sub-adult in 2002.
Bambi_100101_02.jpg

Bubu is my oldest boy, about 8 years old too.
Bubu_100101_02.jpg

Are these guys still active, or are they getting lazy and slooooow? lol I am curious as to how they may behave later in life. I also have to add.....Bambi's got BACK! haha, lol very healty girl

Last edited:

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
They are both still active, especially Bubu, he still climbs here and there every night. Bambi stays in her hide most of the time, but I think its only because she is too fat and lazy. I need to put her on diet to keep her in better health.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I know theres a 25 year old one out there, guy on youtube has one got certificate and everything to prove it. CBA to find the link but you get the idea :)

Alusdra

I have a ~9 year old gecko (in my avatar photo) I've had her whole life, so I know her hatch date +/- 1 year. Got her in high school (can't remember if she was born junior or senior year) and she's always been a picky princess. She looks pretty much the same as she has since she got her adult markings.

I also have two 17+ year old geckos and they are the most intense personalities of my group, bar the crazy snow enigma, and absolutely the best eaters. Sweet to people, but not to any form of bug. I've only had them for 2 years, got them from a guy on CL that had them at least 15 years and got them as adults. So who knows? But at least 17. Mama does have wrinkly skin on her sides and Papa has some white opacity to his eyes (he still sees fine), but that's about it for aging changes.

Papa (at 16) when he escaped last year by shimmying up the water bottle and squeezing out a little hole:
2529434770101411228S500x500Q85.jpg

Mama (at 16) climbing around:
2676350910101411228S500x500Q85.jpg

Visit our friends