Harbor Reptiles

Hey there! My name is Ashlynne! I’ve been breeding for about 5 years now. Although more because I used to breed BP.

I’ve been heavily and extensively researching Enigmas. I’ve been working with enigmas for about 3 years now. Started with a very expensive boy who was a 4th generation enigma with no ES. It’s been HUGE progress since then even.

when people hear Enigma they immediately go back to 2006 when the first one was produced with massive problems. But it’s now 2022. 16 years….. 16…. With all the outcrosses and careful selective breeding, ES is nothing like it was. It’s so mild if not nonexistent. You can barely tell the difference between a W/Y and an Enigma nowadays. All of our enigmas here are carefully bred and very selective. You’d think they were a W/Y.

some of us breeders are very confident that in another 10 years ES could be a thing of the past!!! But it takes being careful. Even with W/Y you have to be careful and not be careless!!! :)

I was to hear everyone’s stories on W/Y and enigmas!!

please be kind and let’s have a civil conversation!! :)

Attachments

• 5A9A3688-717C-4F5E-BFFB-F8D0F69B6F20.jpeg
    5A9A3688-717C-4F5E-BFFB-F8D0F69B6F20.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 71B6CE98-855A-4C9B-961D-3D22C346D305.jpeg
    71B6CE98-855A-4C9B-961D-3D22C346D305.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AF9E22C7-13F0-40F9-A49F-55178931E45A.jpeg
    AF9E22C7-13F0-40F9-A49F-55178931E45A.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • A7E4FD0B-B806-49EC-9DE2-45E565C452D9.jpeg
    A7E4FD0B-B806-49EC-9DE2-45E565C452D9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! I'm no longer breeding. If it's really the case that ES is declining, that's great news. If your breeders aren't developing it when they undergo the stress of breeding, that's even better news!

Aliza

Harbor Reptiles

Welcome! I'm no longer breeding. If it's really the case that ES is declining, that's great news. If your breeders aren't developing it when they undergo the stress of breeding, that's even better news!

Aliza
Sooo as of now I only go for male enigmas. No females. We did get our first potential female. She completely normal and a voracious eater. We plan on trying to breed a female enigma but carefully monitoring her stress level and how she handles the gravid stage. Now Enigmas will ALWAYS have the syndrome. It’s never going to disappear. Just like W/Y gecko and just like spider ball pythons. But it can be greatly reduced to the point where it doesn’t show. And that’s where I’m at. They all handle stress very well, even at expos I’ll take some just for people to look at and they just sit there. So they handle stress very well.

we have a nice combo right now being jungle Mack snow lavender pos H/Y 100% het tremper. I can say to keep the genes smaller and simpler. I know I wouldn’t add eclipse to enigma. Some eclipses seem to have vision problems.

now people can say what they want but W/Y is about the same thing. You can go 3 years like I have with no issues and then all of a sudden get a gecko with the syndrome. But here’s the main difference between W/Y and enigma….. enigma syndrome is ONLY tied to enigma….. white and yellow is tied to ANY morph that was bred with a W/Y.

I’ve had people ask why their gecko act like it has ES….. yet it look just like a normal tangerine. Welllll sir, it most likely has WYS.

people STILLLL label WYS as ES. Because they’re uneducated by the fact that WYS can appear in a generic normal if it came from a W/Y pairing. Kinda freaking really.

but as of now out of 30 babies and 3 years I’ve had one enigma baby show slight signs of ES. That’s an 0.03% chance of landing a baby with the syndrome. About the sale odds as a W/Y. Hopefully we continue to reduce these odds though.

Visit our friends