LoveReps

Hey! I'm new here and I've never posted any threads or anything like this before. My first thread is probably going to be a stupid one but I just want to be sure :rolleyes: I have recently bought a juvenile leopard gecko from this hole in the wall pet store (I have another gecko from the same location I've had for over a year as well). I don't normally support pet stores at all as all my reps (except my geckos) have come from breeders, but there's a story behind why I did so and if you'd like to know I will tell you but I'm here because I'm having trouble telling the difference between the two colors and wanted to know for sure what he/she is. Before you ask, no I don't plan on breeding her/him in the future as both my geckos are very different in age and I am not interested in the subject of breeding anyways. I just want to know for fun :p here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 20191111_230514.jpg
    20191111_230514.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20191111_230302.jpg
    20191111_230302.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191111_225955.jpg
    20191111_225955.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I moved your thread to the Leopard gecko morph sub-forum where it belongs. "High yellow" essentially just means that there is less spotting than in the typical wild type. The original "normal" leopard gecko was yellow with so much black spotting that it could be hard to see the yellow. Whether or not to call a leopard gecko "high yellow" is a matter of opinion. Since you can see large areas of plain yellow, I'd go with "high yellow" for this gecko as well.

Aliza

LoveReps

Thanks for the information guys it was really helpful! I thought it was a high yellow as well because it does show it more than the normals do. :D

Visit our friends