Ok guys, Secret Santa is a go!!

Khrysty

All Members Can Join. Sign-ups close on December 11, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

secretsanta.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

<<<<<RULES>>>>>
-Anyone in the world can join.
-If you are under the age of 18....PLEASE make sure you have parental/guardian permission. (I don't know how to enforce this, but I am trusting you all to be honest)
-You ARE allowed to ask for a gecko*
-Remember everyone has a budget, so make your list as wide as can be, so be sure to add affordable things as well
-Everyone who participates WILL both send, and receive gifts. Failure to send out a Secret Santa present will have consequences.**
-That’s all! Have fun and spread the word!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are able to send a gecko and still want to remain private, I will talk with the recipient to set up a time and date.

Send Me, Khrysty, the following information (in a PM)*
• The name at which you wish to be known as and delivered to by your SEB.
• The Address you wish to receive your parcel at.
• Your Christmas wish list**
• If you’re willing to send out of the U.S. and/or World Wide.
• Last but not least, so I can make sure, everyone has a chance to receive what they want (hopefully), if you'd be able to give a gecko. So the users who don't have a gecko, and are capable of receiving one, might just get that chance (Hope this works)

Sign-ups close on December 11, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

------
* Please only ask for a gecko if you have a gecko family of less than 5. This way, each person who has a small collection stands a greater chance of receiving a gecko.
**There have been problems with people not receiving their gifts in the past. As this is incredibly unfair, this WILL NOT happen this year.
-Secret Santa gifts should be delivered to the recipient by the end of December, at the very latest.
-If the gift is going to be later than that, the sender should contact me so I can tell the recipient (or the sender may tell the recipient directly).
-If I’m not contacted by the sender, I will contact them.
-Failure to send a gift by February 1st, will result in the list of people who went back on their promise being posted as a thread on GeckoForums. These people will be excluded from any future exchanges.
***I will keep all personal information between you, your Secret Santa, and me.

If you have any questions, post them here and I'll help answer them.

leoman777

What if you send a package and the delivery company (UPS, FedEx, etc.) loses it or breaks whatever is inside?

Khrysty

What if you send a package and the delivery company (UPS, FedEx, etc.) loses it or breaks whatever is inside?

If you can prove you sent it (i.e. show a tracking code or w/e), then obviously there are no consequences. If the package never gets to the person its supposed to go to that's the delivery company's fault and not the sender's. If that happens the sender can either send something else, or I'll step in and make sure the recipient gets at least a little something :)

E

emmagecko

opps never mind

Last edited by a moderator:

CSMGecko

Quality Leopard Geckos
How do we sign up? I see the deadline but not where to sign up at? Do we just send Khrysty a PM? Also keep in mind that this is the busiest time of the year for mail and the end of december could be a feat.

Khrysty

How do we sign up? I see the deadline but not where to sign up at? Do we just send Khrysty a PM? Also keep in mind that this is the busiest time of the year for mail and the end of december could be a feat.

As long as it's in the mail and you can provide a tracking number before the end of December, you've fulfilled your end of the deal. It's then up to the post to get it where it needs to be on time, not up to you.

Khrysty

All Members Can Join. Sign-ups close on December 11, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

secretsanta.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

<<<<<RULES>>>>>
-Anyone in the world can join.
-If you are under the age of 18....PLEASE make sure you have parental/guardian permission. (I don't know how to enforce this, but I am trusting you all to be honest)
-You ARE allowed to ask for a gecko*
-Remember everyone has a budget, so make your list as wide as can be, so be sure to add affordable things as well
-Everyone who participates WILL both send, and receive gifts. Failure to send out a Secret Santa present will have consequences.**
-That’s all! Have fun and spread the word!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are able to send a gecko and still want to remain private, I will talk with the recipient to set up a time and date.

To Sign Up: Send Me, Khrysty, the following information (in a PM)***
• The name you wish to be known as and delivered to by your Secret Santa.
• The Address at which you wish to receive your parcel.
• Your Christmas wish list
• If you’re willing to send out of the U.S. and/or World Wide.
• Whether you can send anything "special" or expensive (incubators, expensive thermostats, custom items, etc)
• and Last but not least, so I can make sure, everyone has a chance to receive what they want (hopefully), if you'd be able to give a gecko. So the users who don't have a gecko, and are capable of receiving one, might just get that chance (Hope this works)

Sign-ups close on December 11, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

------
* Please only ask for a gecko if you have a gecko family of less than 5. This way, each person who has a small collection stands a greater chance of receiving a gecko.
**There have been problems with people not receiving their gifts in the past. As this is incredibly unfair, this WILL NOT happen this year.
-Secret Santa gifts should be delivered to the recipient by the end of December, at the very latest.
-If the gift is going to be later than that, the sender should contact me so I can tell the recipient (or the sender may tell the recipient directly).
-If I’m not contacted by the sender, I will contact them.
-Failure to send a gift by February 1st, will result in the list of people who went back on their promise being posted as a thread on GeckoForums. These people will be excluded from any future exchanges.
***I will keep all personal information between you, your Secret Santa, and me.

If you have any questions, post them here and I'll help answer them.

Last edited:

maximusx6910

Alright so say, i purchase, a tank accessorie, i will get a address, and i will ship it to that person as a gift?
I get it but i dont get it haha. I wanna get involved sounds fun, but i am 18 and if it includes having to purchase something online, (using a debit card) is basically what i wanna know or if i can get something here and etc.

Khrysty

Alright so say, i purchase, a tank accessorie, i will get a address, and i will ship it to that person as a gift?
I get it but i dont get it haha. I wanna get involved sounds fun, but i am 18 and if it includes having to purchase something online, (using a debit card) is basically what i wanna know or if i can get something here and etc.

Haha well you can purchase something from a website if you wanted. Some people have extra items lying around, some make things, some buy from a pet store near them and ship it out to the recipient. When sign ups close I'll send you the name of your match along with their address and wish list. You then choose the item to give to them and send it out as a nice little Christmas present :)

On that same day, I'll give your name and address to a different person, they choose an item from YOUR wish list, and send it out to you.

maximusx6910

haha Sorry i was a little clueless, it takes like broad daylight stuff for me sometimes, thank you very much. So i sign up, and the day i get the name, address etc, i pick something from the list of his/hers/theirs and purchase that and they will get mine etc. and go from there shipping and such and such. Just wanna make sure. i was thinking we just kinda got someone whatever and sent it to them. at a certain price range.
One more question, what if someone asks for another gecko? I honestly wouldnt know how to send a live animal. which cant be hard, but for future reference. Im just bubbling with questions haha and im sorry haha

Khrysty

haha Sorry i was a little clueless, it takes like broad daylight stuff for me sometimes, thank you very much. So i sign up, and the day i get the name, address etc, i pick something from the list of his/hers/theirs and purchase that and they will get mine etc. and go from there shipping and such and such. Just wanna make sure. i was thinking we just kinda got someone whatever and sent it to them. at a certain price range.
One more question, what if someone asks for another gecko? I honestly wouldnt know how to send a live animal. which cant be hard, but for future reference. Im just bubbling with questions haha and im sorry haha

Everybody will have a bunch of things on their list, ranging from really cheap to as expensive as they wish. It's up to you to decide what to get. I'll just match you up with someone who isn't asking for a gecko, out of convenience. If you want to send one, for future reference, there are some threads about how to go about doing it in the shipping section of the forum, I believe.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Is there any exclusions for how recent we joined the forum? I know you said anyone can join, but someone mentioned maybe not letting newbies do it. What say ye?

Khrysty

Is there any exclusions for how recent we joined the forum? I know you said anyone can join, but someone mentioned maybe not letting newbies do it. What say ye?

I say that as long as you're willing to go both ways (GIVE as well as recieve), there's no reason I should prevent you from joining. I meant it when I said anyone on the forums :D

Khrysty

I've had a pretty good amount of people sign up already. I'm so excited for Christmas!

Something I didn't think of, though: a few people who've already signed up have requested reptiles OTHER than leopard geckos as their secret santa gift. I hope to make that happen for them, so please let me know if you can give anyone other animals as well..(ball pythons, beardies, afts, cresties, etc...)

And remember, the more people we have sign up, the more likely you are to get what you REALLY want for Christmas---so make sure everyone knows about this!

Thanks guys :)

maximusx6910

Everybody will have a bunch of things on their list, ranging from really cheap to as expensive as they wish. It's up to you to decide what to get. I'll just match you up with someone who isn't asking for a gecko, out of convenience. If you want to send one, for future reference, there are some threads about how to go about doing it in the shipping section of the forum, I believe.

thank you SOO Much. Let me set aside money, just to make sure. Then i will sign up!

SassyAbi

This is so cool. i'm signing up today. Will we be getting our match after the 11th December seeing as thats closing date?

Visit our friends