One more jerk selling sick animals!!!!!

BalloonzForU

Wendy, I already talked to Kelli about the thread, the original thread has been closed and re-opened here, with a link to this forum. Robert will see where it has been moved to since he's still viewing the original thread.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Wendy, Robert all ready posted in that thread as rcoral so he should see that it has been moved.

I in no way intended for this to turn into a "bad guy" thread, I was just fuming and wanted to vent. All though I think after some of the previous comments it may be well deserved.

BalloonzForU

I agree that it's nice that he is taking responsibility for the health those two are in, but it doesn't make up for them still being like that and him asking that kind of money for them.

G

GeckoMandi

Well normally I stir clear of this topics or at least try to, but I could not from this one I 100% think this dude a pure animal abuser, how can you buy something and not feed it or give it the proper food it needs? I don't give a crap if you admit it or not, still is not right period.

This should be in this forum, maybe he doesn't take time to care for geckos because he is more into snakes whatever, but who in the heck would even want a snake from a person like this??? NOT ME! That's for sure!

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Mel/Keith, its cool, I think the thread is well deserved (where it was) but there is not much else he can say here that was not already said and there is nothing in this thread that has any info about him, name, email, biz name etc for anyone to know who he even is.

Who even knows if Robert is even his name? Normally when or if I would go to the Biz section for a I would get that info and have it posted as well.

All there is here is a link to the other thread with no new info to tell anyone anything about the guy. No telling how many people will buy other items from him since no one knows who he is.

if it was me, Id of posed as buying them and said I had to end a MO to get his full name etc then posted.

Sandra

Your advice is to give them away for free? Yeah, right. If any of you cared so much for them you'd fork out the measly $500 shipped and take them in.
So it's a "pay for them what I ask or they will starve"? You sound like a blackmailer, in a very pet-store fashion.

Anyone claiming that "there's no excuse" really hasn't been in that situation
Nop, because we don't know what the situation is. Maybe if you told us we would be more understanding, but I don't know what kind of situation would prevent you from feeding your animals. I study and have two different jobs, and still have to find time to study at home and clean the house, if that's not being busy I don't know what is! But my animals are never left unfed or unclean. Maybe because I only have the number of animals that I can take care for, and don't buy anything else (not because I don't want to or I don't have the money).

You claim to care so much, yet care so little for a fellow human being.
Aw, man. Why should we care about you? You are independent and can take care of yourself, after all you are a full grown human being. But your geckos can't, they depend entirely on you to live and you have failed them. It's normal that we worry about them and not about you.

The day we feel pity for you, that would be indeed a bad sign!

Sandra Sanz Peris

Last edited by a moderator:

Gregg M

Registered Member
For a leo to get into the shape those two are in, it take more than just a little neglect... Those animals must not have been fed or watered in months... Either that, or they are loaded with parasites... Those animals will wind up dead because no one in their right mind would take them for $500...

Why someone would try and sell sickly animals is beyond me... I also can see no justifiable reason to neglect the animals in your care...

My daughter was born a month and a half early and at the time I had a very serious back injury, and I just changed jobs all at the same time and my animals were taken care of the same as when nothing was going on...

If you dont have the time to take care of the animals you keep, you either find a way to make time, or you give them up...

I am mostly a snake guy as well but I would never not take care of my leos... They are just as much a part of my collection as my hots are... Plus, they are awesome reptiles...

What I think went on here is that this guy Robert thought he was going to make a killing on selling raptors, quickly realized that he was not going to make $800 a hatchling, so he lost interest... Its sad but I am sure it happens more often than we might see...

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Robert, have you had them tested for parasites because if not they could have parasites and that happens to everyone at one time or another. Pinworms are very common in leos and they are easy to treat.

I have often only fed my adults every 7-10 days but I leave a full dish of mealies and Ive never had a weigth loss issue doign that. I read you are using roaches which would not leave food for each day but even if they were only fed every 10 days they would not look that skinny.

I would have a fecal done, it is likely that they do have pins from the photos of 6 months ago and now, get them treated (very inexpensive to treat) then get some weight back on them (they gain it back fast after traeating the pins) then try to find them a new home.

G

GeckoMandi

People. These geckos are NOT sick, they don't have any parasites whatsoever, and they were never not fed. For the past 6 months I haven't been able to feed them daily (or every other day) as I used to feed them in the first year and a half of owning them. Instead, I fed them once ever 10 days or so because this was the best I could do. Though, they always had water.
How do you know they are not sick?
Thank you for the kind words, Wendy! Though, I doubt they have pinworms, I will have them tested and treated, if necessary. Results will be posted, of course.
Yeah get your story together.

R

Russ S

Robert,
You need to include your full name on every post in this section.
Russ

brandy101010

Robert, You don't seem to be getting the point here.
Ok you have owned up to the fact that it is your fault these animals are like this. Good. But the fact that you would let them get this way no matter what the reasons are is unacceptable. If you cared about the animals at all you would have kept dropping the price until someone bought them or given them away to someone who would not let them get this way. You are worried about the money but if these animals die you are out the money anyway and two beautiful animals will be gone just because you are worried about $500 bucks. This is cruel and considered animal abuse at least in my eyes and many here. Those animals are not worth $500 bucks in the state they are in. If you keep holding out for your $500 bucks they will just die.

KelliH

Reminder

Full names are required on posts in the Business Inquiries and Reports forum. Please update your signatures to include your first and last name, or just sign it after each post.

Gregg M

Registered Member
Robert,
Just get the animals in proper shape before offering them up for sale... Whatever you reasons for neglecting them is in the past... I am sure you can see why some of the people in the hobby or on this site might be a bit upset about the whole thing... It is pretty sad to see such pretty animals in such bad shape...

Seriously, no one will buy them in the condition they are in I dont care what morph they are... If you bulk them up to a presentable and acceptable weight, you will have no issues selling them...

They are the easiest reptile to care for in my opinion so you should have no problem getting them fit as long as you do what is needed... All you need is good basic husbandry plus some extra food until their weight is up to par... Also, get a fecal done to be sure there are no parasites...

R

Russ S

this thread has been temporarily moved here to allow everyone to update to their fill name in their sigs ect. It will be moved back in 24 hours with the posts that have not complied deleted.

R

Russ S

Non-complying posts have been deleted, you may resume posting in this thread.

marula

i think the situation is really simple..
you has got a really bad period (and i'm so sorry for this) but you haven't excuse for put your animals in this terrific condition...
the only way to try to repair at that is not try to sell them, but give for free them at who can take the correct care of them..
if you lost your 1600$ is for your stupidity, and you can't pretend to have money back..

Visit our friends