Secret Easter Bunny

THE WHISPERER

Ok so during Christmas in the 'Secret Santa' thread, I made a comment about doing a 'Secret Easter Bunny' beings that Christmas was a little hard on some of us last year. Well a few people seemed to think it was a good idea. I PM'd Mallorie and asked what she thought about doing it...she said she was a little too busy to take it on and told me to go for it. Well I don't feel I have what it takes to put something like that together, and my work season is starting to pick up, so I don't want to try and commit to it and not be able to follow through. So I was wondering if you all think it's a good idea, and is there anyone that wants to take on arranging a 'Secret Easter Bunny' project?

leonut

Yeah leopard gecko Easter eggs!! I would love to be a part of it but I couldn't organize an event to save my life!!! LOL! :D

Stitchex

Okay well....what would the organizer have to do? Organize, that one's a given, but I mean what, exactly? Which people will trade with the other?

EchoPet

Gecko Obsessed
I'm not sure if I'd be able to participate or not, but here's an idea to help you organize it. During the winter holidays I participated in an online Secret Santa, and it was all done over Elfster.com. You can create a wish-list and a do-not-wish-list, post your address privately so that only your "Santa" can view it, "Santas" can ask questions anonymously, and I believe it matches up "Santas" and giftees randomly. Might be something you want to check out.

Stitchex

Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but I don't get it. Do-not-wish-list? Would that just be the people that want to give?

Zynx_Keekeio

I'll organize it!! I'm homeschooled!! I cann ask mom if this can be apart of my "leadership" skills... Anyone object to me organizing it?

Okay Easter falls on the 12th in the U.S. and the 13th in Canada. That gives us about two weeks to sign up, so lets say, it goes down like this. Sign up is until the 7th of april, now the next day I'll spend sorting out who has who, and finally, pass them out as soon as I'm done, so either the night of the 7th or the morning of the 8th

Now since their isn't as much time as the secret santa for sign ups, what if I and whomever wanted to help me, makes the description and rules thread, and see if their is someway possible to send out a thread to all members, linking to the SEB?

Now gifts wouldn't neccarily arrive before easter, or on it for that matter, so the whole month of april would be SEB month? Or I guess however long it takes for the recepiant to recieve their "eggs" lol j/k

Anyways. Does this sound alright to you all? It's our "christmas in April" :) lol

Last edited:

thekooliest

Website Creator
I could help. Been out of the gecko community for a bit. Not sure if I can participate, but could help you organize it, Haley.

EchoPet

Gecko Obsessed
Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but I don't get it. Do-not-wish-list? Would that just be the people that want to give?

It's for things that you don't wish to receive. For example, if you already have something, or are allergic to something else, etc. The gift exchange I was involved in was for my dogs, so I listed the sort of treats they're allowed to have in the wish list and the sorts of treats they're not allowed to have in the do-not-wish-list (we stay away from rawhide and corn/wheat/soy/glutens/etc).

Visit our friends