SNEAK-PREVIEW!!!

B

Bob

I love my S.I.M. container. I have only hatched out 2 crested geckos in it, and they didn't have any yolk attached like they do most of the time. I will have to order some more, so I can use the container for all my species.

paulnj

100% water would give you a VERY HIGH humidity level(especially at male temps) and could splash around when moving the container to name a few reason a substrate is needed.

jakemyster44

Thanks for the information Gregg, I was concerned about the egg fluids because in the past I have always incubated in deli cups, with one clutch per container. That way the fluid never really had any time to sit around, as I would always empty the substrate out. I think I'll just stick with damp perlite for a substrate then. Thanks again.

Gregg M

Registered Member
Jake, happy to help you out...

I love my S.I.M. container. I have only hatched out 2 crested geckos in it, and they didn't have any yolk attached like they do most of the time. I will have to order some more, so I can use the container for all my species.

Did ya take any pics??? We will put them up on our site along with your name and/or web site next to your photo...

Glad you are having good luck with the container...

B

Bob

I took pics, but they are horrible. They hatched at night, and I didn't want to use the flash. I will hopefully be breeding some really rare gecko species this year, and I am going to use the S.I.M. container for all of them. Here is the least blurry pic the egg on the right already hatched.
Mygeckos2351-1.jpg

B

Bob

Ok sweet. Let me know if you need the original picture. I like using these containers much better than deli cups.

Visit our friends