SNEAK-PREVIEW!!!

Gregg M

Registered Member
Introducing, for the first time in public, the SIM Incubation Container by Squamata Concepts!!!

The S.I.M. stands for Suspension Incubation Method relating to how the eggs are incubated on a platform off the substrate.

This prohibits direct contact with a wet substrate and allows approximately 100% gas exchange between the container environment and the egg membrane.

Eggs incubated buried in dampened substrate are subjected to excess water which often results in drowning the egg(s). Also in contrast to this, too little water or humidity results in egg dessication.

So basically, the eggs stay dry, still getting the humidity they need to develope. Infact, the steady humidity and consistant retention of heat in these containers allows neonates to develope faster resulting in shortend incubation times... Clutches incubated in this container have all hatched earlier than expected. All neonates hatched fully developed without egg yolks.

The triangular bars that you see on top of the grid platform are the eggs stabilizer bars. The function of these bars is to keep eggs from rolling or being uprooted by clutch mates and they are fully adjustable to fit just about any egg size.
3754226884_199d5abccb_o.jpg

3754226886_1c9eb112e4_o.jpg

3754226874_e7eca7361f_o.jpg

As you can see the SIM incubation containers are crystal clear. The idea behind them being so clear is so the eggs can be visually monitored without having to tamper with the container at all. One way to insure that your eggs will hatch is to set them in their proper incubation container put the container in a proper incubator and leave them alone...
The SIM was made with this very idea in mind...

fOOlsgOld

Heck that looks awesome. You planing on selling them? If so for how much? and how many eggs do you find fit in there?

Gregg M

Registered Member
These will be going on sale for the first time to the public at the Daytona show... No details on price here as rhis is not the classified section... LOL

Last edited:

fOOlsgOld

Well unfortunately I won't be making it to Dayton lol so be sure to give an update on when your site comes up so those of us who can't make it down can order some.

eric

OREGON GECKO
This product will revolutionize the way we incubate! Thanks John and Gregg for thinking out side the box!

I'm so stoked about this product guys!

Johnantny

Gregg, I want to add that the container in test trials had hatched 3 clutches of spiny tail monitors, 100% hatch rate using this method. I am also incubating black head monitors this way and they are nearing pip time. For those who are not aware, these monitor lizard eggs usually incubate for 120 days but they hatched in the container at 106 days.

For substrate we used 50/50 water to perlite by weight. In the case of the 2nd clutch I used water crystals and perlite. Any substrate that holds some water content should work.

The S.I.M. Container will be introduced to the public at Daytona Expo in 3 weeks. After the expo, sales can be made online at a website we are building. We will also be promoting at various north east shows this fall and winter.

Come over to the table and check it out!

Best regards,

John

denver2890

Sign me up for enough to fill my natures spirit, lol. Those look amazing Gregg, cant wait to start using some this up coming season.

whkrazyk

Geck'd Out
Awsome greg and john, cant wait till daytona, correct me if im wrong, daytona is where you will be introducing it not selling it right, we will have to wait till you have them on your website to buy right?

Johnantny

We will have containers for sale at Daytona, and by then the website will be up and running. The first run will be 200 containers for the show, followed by an additional larger order to arrive by Sept 1st.

Not sure of prices yet... affordability is key here.

Visit our friends