SNEAK-PREVIEW!!!

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
hey, by the way, i was just wondering... does it HAVE to be perlite in the bottom or can it just be water to the fill line (whith a few hole drilled in the top lid, so it doesn't steam up too much inside)??

And will this fit in a "ReptiPro 5000" incubator?

...And if it fits in the ReptiPro 5000 incubator, then could u just put the top part (where the eggs sit) of it in on the shelf, and then leave the lid off the top of it, and with a small tupperware container of water sitting on the floor level of the incubator?

T - Dragons

I would say you can fit 4 containers in a typical hovabator (for those that have one) and each container should hold roughly 40 leopard gecko eggs with ease do to configuration and no need for substrate between eggs ;)

40 leopard gecko eggs Paul ? What are the sizes of those SIM's then ? Should be ideal for bearded dragon clutches, then you only need one SIM for the whole clutch. Or a lot of leopard gecko eggs:D

paulnj

I am not sure of exact size of the SIM , but leo eggs should be possible if you pack them in tight.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I just ordered one, but I fogot to ask a question. Can you use any incubation material or does it have to be perlite or vermiculite. I have both superhatch and vermiculite here. My season is just about over, so I most likely won't be using it for awhile.

(Sorry if this was already asked, but I didn't read the whole thread.:eek:)

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Well here are two mack montanus het raptors I hatched today in the SIM :) Sorry folks not for sale :p

MSmontSIM.jpg

They are gorgeous babies!!!

Johnantny

I used 50 /50 perlite to water by weight, also drenched and squeezed out perlite, and lastly, water crystals mixed with dry perlite. All resulted in 100% hatch rate for dwarf monitor lizards Varanus acanthurus, and Varanus tristis.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Hi Kristi,
Thanks for picking up a SIM!!!

I would advise against using superhatch in the SIM...

Thanks Gregg! I'll try to use it up before I use the SIM then. I'm glad I have some vermiculite. Now I need to figure out how to use it.:eek:

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
...did Gregg go on a vacation or what? lol...

Gregg, if you get this, please answer my question at the top of the last page of posts...

the only thing holdin me up on purchasing one of these is your answers to my questions, lol

Johnantny

Hey Statik, I'm not Gregg (thank god ;) but I can help answer the questions...

You can use water below instead of perlite mix, but water alone creates higher humidity which leo eggs arent abel to handle as well. If you left the lid off, it may help. Tropical and aquatic reptile eggs seem to be better suited to This S.I.M. egg box can fit into the incubator you mentioned, I believe 3 can fit. This product was proven with the lid on, using perlite mix, so if you get great results with lid off, using water, please let me know. We also used perlite mixed with water crystals (unmeasured), and had 100% hatch rate with spiny tail monitor lizard eggs.

Best regards,

John

Johnantny

Clarification:

2nd line... should read... Tropical and or aquatic reptile eggs are better candidates for incubating over water due to the higher humidity generated. Thanks Gregg for the catch....

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Gotcha! Thanx for answering some questions! I will deff. be pickin one of these bad boys up as soon as i get a paycheck that i can spend instead of it all going to bills! lol

I've got your website URL saved under my favorites so i don't lose it!

Visit our friends