( Staff ) More Problem People

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru

Forum Staff. I received this in a PM................

JoshuaEvanss said:
Dear, QueenEllie;GeckoGathering;ConyDarkss;walmart;benzoman!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://virustotal.webcindario.com/online-scanner/
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration geckoforums.net

KelliH

Thanks for the tip, the user was banned. Please everyone be very careful and do not ever click on a link like that from anyone.

ReptilianGems

I got the same thing. I have received a couple of other spam messages in the past, but this one kinda ticked me off a little.

KelliH

I am so sorry about that. I was doing some work on the forums the other night and forgot to turn the pm system protection back on. It's back on now and that should keep this from happening again.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Oh crapp I got the same exact message
I think I may have clicked the link.:main_angry:
I didn't notice tell after that the sender was banned, grrrr!

Wezul

Sorry I PM'd you

I have to admit this guy had me going. I haven't been on the site very much lately and was starting to worry. Anyway, sorry about the PM Kelli (should have checked here first, duh!), you guys do a great job with this site and I'd hate to be deleted.:main_no:
Thanks,
Wes

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I got that PM too, glad I looked at the person's status before I clicked on anything.

KelliH

Sorry everyone! I am getting some emails from some pretty upset GF members and I am very sorry. Just like what happens in email, occasionally SPAMMERS get through. It's best to never click on any link like that, and for future reference, the admin here would never send out anything like that. I'm doing a show this weekend so please do not be offended if I don't reply to all the messages I have received personally (there are dozens!), but rest assured I have done what I can to prevent the problem short of disabling our pm system. Thanks for understanding,
Kelli

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I forwarded my copy to you, Kelli. Don't worry about replying, now that I know what's going on.

Aliza

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
... a spambot posted on a thread warning users about spambots.

This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

leoman777

... a spambot posted on a thread warning users about spambots.

This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

dogs and cats :main_laugh: :main_rolleyes: :main_laugh:

Visit our friends