Worst bug death >.<

GeckoNub

Well tonight felt a bit like a horror movie.

I put a roach in Daisys viv and she did one of her usual tricks only it was the nastiest yet.

She saw the roach, dived on it and proceeded to chew on its head and pull its head away from its body...then spat it back out.

The roach was walking in circles with its head falling off but still attached and then it flipped onto its back and was flapping its wings (was a small adult male) and spinning round.

Daisy licked it a few times but didnt want it.

Then the roach, with all its legs kicking around started pulling its own head off :sad3: Its head even ended up upside down and still barely attached.

I felt so bad for it and for the first time felt a little sick.

I gave it to Peppa who wouldnt eat it either so we put it out of its misery and killed it :(

What is the ickiest bug death you've experianced?

Ive had bugs squirt on the glass and one roach that Daisy totally squished the wrong way but that head incident will haunt me forever :(

STUTFL

Echhh.
My leo ripped the hindleg off a cricket once, but I have trouble feeling sorry for crickets. :laugh: I just herded it over to him until he caught it properly.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I've seen my beardies bite superworms into multiple pieces, but haven't witnessed any nasty bug deaths from my leos.

jermh1

I had a female dubia roach which got its head squished off by the egg crate loaded with other roaches, I found it and took it out. every class that came in checked it see if it was stil alive by brushing its feet, would you believe it lived for 3 weeks with no head. I have her remains in a test tube on my desk, severed head and all.
but I would say the worst deaths ive seen were/are in my cricket colonies see the little canabels running around with half bodies with their parts still moveing.

Eko/Kim

Apparently Roaches could live without a head for ever, they only die from dehydration and starvation because they can't ingest anything! Pretty Crazy!!!:p

Friedbread

Winston snapped on a mealworm so hard once, its white gooey guts exploded out. Then she licked all of the guts off her face and looked pretty please with herself. >.<

sammer021486

Apparently Roaches could live without a head for ever, they only die from dehydration and starvation because they can't ingest anything! Pretty Crazy!!!:p

I was going to mention that too.

All my leos are pretty good for not performing sadistic deaths on their food. Just the casual leg being ripped off. I have had one instance were my leo grabbed a hornworm bit it in 3 then left it.

Tkohlbre

My leo tends to just peck the poor cricket a few times when i hand feed her, by the time she finally decides to eat it, it has almost no legs left! :p

R

red22

thats one of the reasons i keep herps put an adult mouse with a pair of beardies now thats some crazy stuff to say the least if u want look on utube they ripm in two pretty sweet.

Visit our friends