Hatchlings have rubbery legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

latshki

Breeder in the making
I have talked to the breeder in question before on a few other forums and have also heard a lot of good things
Im bot sure what happened but I could not see him resolving this in a bad manor
I would only expect him to do it in respectable manor

BSM

Not trying to stir the pot ( yet it might ) but offering a refund can be good or just covering your tracks. I bought a Leo at a Chain Store that had a regenerated tail and was not told that the animal would never look normal and was charged full retail price.

Yes I took the animal back and they gladly refunded my money but it did not change the fact of how that store did business.

There is one fact that bothers me. The seller himself said he was in a hurry and used a smaller box....... to save the Buyer "money" on shipping ( flag #1 ) . Then he said he refused to use UPS ( Flag #2 ) . It's common knowledge that UPS is used by many breeders and while "things happen"....... it was not the shipping but how he packaged them.

Then he claimed without question that MBD was slamming him. But I have read all the posts and the majority say.......they have it. ( flag #3 )

No on here has vouched ( as seen in person and fist hand knowledge ) that the seller is in fact..... a first class breeder. ( flag#4 ).

So..... it's not what I know from reading all this....... but what I don't know. I do know that the seller offered a refund but that does not tell me the facts I would want to know to do business with him.

While some don't agree with bman..... I do. I think the seller is in a position to so called "clear his own name" with the facts and a refund tells me nothing, nor does the assumption without facts clear his name.

The seller has posted in some form of "passing the blame" or used the "refund clause" and did not use this "mishap" with the proper PR for his own business.( flag #5 )

If this thread is locked down without a full report from the Vet then people like me would not consider him to buy from. Sorry....... but the seller created this issue and in my eyes needs to resolve it ( he is a member and uses it to sell ).

I know some of you breeders like sticking together and the hobby and the business is fun. No doubt a lot of passion. But people like bman and myself are the "customers".

So I think what bamn was trying to say is....... are you guys responding as a breeder......or a customer so we feel there is no double standard.

A pet store is a 100% different situation, there in it to make money and they dont breed the animals but get them at 5 dollars a piece and turn around and sell them at 20+. So you returned a leo to a chain pet store because you bought it and then figured out its tail wouldn't be a like a non regenerated tail. Right there tells me you havnt been into leos that long, and comparing a pet store to someone thats breeds them. If you go into any pet store almost every animal is stuffed into little cages with more then 10 animals per cage and have barely any water and no food most of the time. Thats a big difference right off the start in comparing two different situations that are not even comparable.
If you want to go over all my cages, heres what every cage has in it and if you even want i will post pics of my cages later.
water dish
food dish (meal worms and supers that are fed high quality diets)
calcium dish
dry hide
moist hide with coco

So your saying its bad to try and save someone money on shipping because my regular carrier couldn't get though to his location. So 70-120 for shipping is fair, i know i wouldn't buy any animal from someone if the shipping cost was that high except if the animal was something big that caused the price to be that high. Your saying no one uses fedex, usps, or greyhound to ship animals but all use ups, i can tell you right there i have gotten packages from all 3 from various breeders and even retailers. Again your saying things that make no sense how am i passing the blame, did i or did i not admit it was my fault and you understand that this world isnt perfect right. People like bman doesn't understand that things can happen then trys to make everyone seems worse then it really is and it doesn't even involve him but keeps going at it for no reason at all but for some attention. As i said in the beginning when i shipped them out they were perfectly fine, maybe i didnt package them 100% who knows but all i due know they got there injured and i took the blame and said i would give him a refund. The two of you feel that i should of run off and not given a care in world and say that sucks for that person but thats not me. dont be blaming me because you got ripped off by someone before

Have you considered how many animals i have sold and how many problems i have had, this is the first problem i have had in the 2/3 years since i gotten back to the us and started to breed animals again. So you can slang me all you want for something that doesn't involve you and have no knowledge of what exactly happened

robin

brian, you have taken care of the situation in a quick and proper manner. there is no need to explain/defend yourself to anyone. not bman, not calldr, not anyone. i may not like the animals in the video looked but, you are rectifying it in a professional manner. i would not bother commenting to the negative posts you have to realize they most likely do not know any better.

justindh1

To me, I can't respect the seller for how the animals were shipped and possibly have MBD. Even if MBD is something that can all of a sudden be seen one day, which seems a little off, it is something that takes a pro-long period of mistreatment of supplements. If BOTH have MDB then you can almost garantee that supplementation of calcium and vitamins were not present. I can understand seeing a slight problem overnight but not to the extent that these reptiles have.

I can however repsect the way the seller is dealing with the buyer to resolve the issue that they have CREATED. Things were not done correctly by them and they are refunding the money.

No one knows the right answere except the seller when it comes to what happen to create this situation. I have seem many of the people that are defending the seller in other situations where they we saying the complete opposite when someone sold a gecko that has MBD and is packaged incorrectly. Consistancy is something that I consider very important in life tho some may not.

Some transactions will go rocky and like others have said it is how the seller deals with it but that doesn't mean you can't forget what the problem is and how is arose.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I am closing this thread, nothing good will come from further discussion. Bryan has resolved the situation to the buyer's satisfaction, and the hatchlings will be receiving supportive care under veterinary supervision.

Scott, if you need any further help or advice with them feel free to make a new thread, I just don't want people beating a dead horse in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends