Show off Your tats!

N

Nubster

Great tattoos everyone. Here is my Japanese sleeve in progress. Next session is May 5th, but this is what I have so far. Sorry about the crappy pics, it is harder than I thought to take pics of myself...lol

Upper arm

UpperArmLeft.jpg

Inner upper arm

MaskLeftArm.jpg

Newest work from last month, inner forearm

LeftForearm.jpg

And this one gives a general idea of the overall work so far

FullArmLeft.jpg

LizMarie

Everyone has really great pieces! I dunno how you guys and gals can sit there while a needle break into your skinnn.. OUCH!!! But I personally like EchoPet's and Kay's tattoos because they look like things I would personally get if I every built up the courage to actually get one. lol

i;m such a punk.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
You might be comforted to know that it in no way feels like a needle being stuck into your skin. It's more like cats scratching you repeatedly! LOL

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Some nice ink everyone. Im thinking about getting another one soon prob stick to the theme i started, Nihon theme. I had my koi designed in japan so will most likely do the same for my next one. I told myself the next one will be the last but who knows hey.

N

Nubster

Thanks Mel. I think yours are fantastic as well.

Yamori, what is Nihon? Is that just another term for Japanese style or is it more specific than that? My two main pieces are Horiyoshi III drawings and the Hannya was drawn by my tattoo artist. Next month I am getting the shading finished on the inner forearm, the upper arm touched up, and I am adding a Shikami on the back side of my forearm. I probably have two more sessions to finish it up and then off to the other arm...lol

LizMarie, believe it or not, getting a tattoo can actually be therapeutic and feel good. But of course it hurts too, but it is a good hurt. After awhile though the endorphins wear off and then it is just a pain you want to stop. For me that happens about 3 hours in.

geckolvr88

Amber - It looks great finished! Did you have to get your dragons lasered before you covered it?

Nevin - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to only get in hour sessions! Maybe you can bring your artist some energy drinks to make him tattoo twice as fast or something. (JK - that's a horrible idea) LOL

Caryn - That's a pretty tender spot. The front of your body tends to be less painful. It's a really nice tattoo by the way.

Erik - Everyone heals differently so just because one person scars badly doesn't mean you would but if the tattoo artist goes too deep scarring would be inevitable. I would imagine that there are only a handful of artists that do great blacklight tattoos but I'm sure they are out there. And then there's the guy that said "you can get the ink pretty cheap on ebay" on the link you posted. LMAO I've seen that skeleton tattoo posted before, it is really cool looking.

Yeah, I've heard it's one of the most tender spots. I'm looking to get my left shoulder done this time. Hopefully that'll be far less painful! I'm also hypoglycemic, so the adhrenaline of getting a tat uses a ton of sugar apparently, cause I almost passed out! But I definately want to get another one! I'll just have to chug sugar packets to do it! lol But thanks for the complimant! I love it!

N

Nubster

If you are talking about the outside of the shoulder then you could probably sleep through that. Very easy spot to get tattooed. If you are talking about the shoulder blade then I am not sure about that spot.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
mel, it stinks, i guess i shouldnt even say hour sessions, cause that last one was only about 45 mins. its more of how much tattooing gets done instead of length. the next he is just going to do the outline and some detail in the wings.

chad, thats increadable. is there a reason why you got so much samuri based things done?

N

Nubster

The first one, the upper arm piece, just really jumped out to me. The second piece, the forearm, I gave my artist full freedom to choose so he thought it would be cool to stay with the Horiyoshi III samurai theme. But I have always loved what the Samurai stood for, hard work, honor, dedication. I look at my sleeve and that helps me to stay focused in life, especially right now when I am making the transition to a new career after spending 10 years in the last one. I also think it will look nice once it is all tied together, especially once the other mask is on the back of my forearm. The other arm I am going to do a scene depicting the Longmen Falls on the top of my forearm and a koi making the transformation in to a dragon and the bottom of my forearm will be Uzushio. Not sure about the upper arm but probably some flowers and perhaps an image of some sort.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
very nice. its great artwork. if your thinking about flowere, cherry blossoms were what samuri represented themselves by. about 95% of the samuri had cherry blossoms in their mons (....family crests). just a thought for ya. but again, its all extreamly beautiful

N

Nubster

Definiately. I want to get some Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) incorporated in the current sleeve. The other sleeve I want some large bold flowers like the Peony. There is some work on my other arm that needs covered so it will be a challenge.

Amber7399

Fab~u~lous!
Amber - It looks great finished! Did you have to get your dragons lasered before you covered it?

:blush: thanks Mel. I always enjoy looking at yours. i think they are amazing :main_yes: and no. i did not get them lasered... although i considered it. i figured they were so faded already it would not be a huge deal to cover.

Great tattoos everyone. Here is my Japanese sleeve in progress. Next session is May 5th, but this is what I have so far. Sorry about the crappy pics, it is harder than I thought to take pics of myself...lol

Upper arm

UpperArmLeft.jpg

Inner upper arm

MaskLeftArm.jpg

Newest work from last month, inner forearm

LeftForearm.jpg

And this one gives a general idea of the overall work so far

FullArmLeft.jpg

Chad that look Amazing so far :yes:. I am in Love with Japanese culture. My mom always tell me it's cuz I have Japanese in me....guess that makes sense :main_laugh:

Kellyr

Alright alright I will post mine, this is a coverup of an old flame's name... you can still see the name in the sunlight b/c it was so deep I am scarred for life... good decision.. I know.
and then a have a small solid black heart on the inside heel of my right foot..

Last edited:

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
That's beautiful Kelly :)

Chad, I love Japanese culture too, those are really amazing!

I just thought of taking a new pic of mine.. I posted my one tat about a year ago on here, but the pic wasn't all that great.. I was taking belly pics in the mirror when I realized I could get a good shot of my tat with the mirror too *duh* lol

So here is my tat again, better pic this time. I finally figured out what I want to do for my next one (but I'm not telling..except you Amber, I'll tell you when you come over next ;)) .. just gotta give birth to this baby, get back in shape, and i'll be ready to go for my next one! LOL :main_laugh:

jesstat09.jpg

Last edited:
N

Nubster

Cool. I am getting more work on my sleeve on May 5th so I will get new pics up then. The sleeve should be mostly if not completely finished next session. I hope so cause this thing is getting expensive. 16 hours of work so far at $100 per hour, you do the math...lol

Visit our friends