Show off Your tats!

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
ps jeanne.. i just seen how long it took yours. ive said for 6 hours on several occasions, but i give you props for sitting for almost 4 hours on that at one time.

paulnj

Hehehe, I got the small of my back in one 6 hour sit, yes sitting backwards on a damb folding chair! I was so crapped up from staying still it was nearly unbearable. Thank god I found a new shop with comfortable tables and chairs after that one.

BalloonzForU

WOW Jeanne!!! That is beautiful!!!

I can't imagine sitting for that long, by the time the guy got done with my back I wanted to punch him. LOL I swear he took joy in my pain!!!! Mine is just about healed, been hard taking care of it where it is since I can't reach it, so it's taking a little longer to heal. I'll take a pic of it and maybe one of the other one I had done on my hip the same day, once the one on my back is touched up and healed.

T

TWC

i have a bunch of Irish tattoos, i am going to get another one pretty soon.

giantkeeper

Morph Freak!
backpiece.jpg

A recent picture

tattood.jpg

Still probably have over 20 hours left....:stunned:

BalloonzForU

OUCH!! And I thought my few hours was painful!!

I had not planned on posting this one, but oh well. This is another one where I would have to have nothing on to be able to be seen. And I can tell you this one hurt a lot more than the Cleveland Indians one. That's it for me, no more in very sensitive places. :eek:

picture_6791_op_800x797_op_800x797.jpg

DAWNoftheLEO

Here's a few of my tattoos, I like to get around to a lot of different styles. I'm huge horror fan more notably zombies, zombie art, and ethnobioligical studies and history of "true" zombification...

I have 4 Gauge in my Tongue and 5/8" plugs in ears. Nipples vertically too.

A not so good shot taken by me with some better ones of my last name (thanks ralph) and the Lion of Judah..
000_2481.jpg

Edawardtailweight009.jpg

Outline
000_2738.jpg

Color
color.jpg

A little more color, the red behind green and yellow is just bruising... (excuse the crack, lol)
000_2861.jpg

000_2863.jpg

Another outline..
Picture003.jpg

More color ( I look like ET in this one lol)
mackghostXmackghost1002-1.jpg

ANd my latest done by an ACTUAL SAMOAN CHIEF. (free tat anf free hand)
tat2002.jpg

Edawardtailweight008.jpg

Not a tat but an old pic:p
DSCF0008.jpg

S

SteveB

Cool tats, but I wish I could hear what you'd have to say about them 20 years from now...

That samoan tat is awesome... incredible detail...

DAWNoftheLEO

SteveB said:
Cool tats, but I wish I could hear what you'd have to say about them 20 years from now...

Why is that?

I hold very strong beliefs, 20 years from now, my mind wil not have changed one bit about my tattoos. Art is art, everything I put on my body is important me, it's not a matter of what ANYBODY else thinks at all, I'm just merely following this thread :p.

giantkeeper

Morph Freak!
SteveB said:
I wish I could hear what you'd have to say about them 20 years from now

Some people live in the past, others live for the future. Myself, i'm interested in now. Especially in the case of my own tattoo's where it should not have a negative future effect on "others".

Better to have lived and known?!?!?!

:D

paulnj

I don't think Steve was downing anyone's taste in art, though that statement could be taken as such.

I am a huge fan of expressing one's self as long it doesn't effect others around you. I have never seen a piercing , hair style, brand or Tattoo that negatively effected another person :main_thumbsup:

S

SteveB

I can appreciate tats and especially the artistic talent and expression, but they are definitely not for me.

Now I am not saying your feelings about the symbolism of the tattoos and your reason for getting them will change 20 years down the road, but I have to wonder what those tattoos will actually look like 20 years down the road and how you'll feel about them at that point in your life!

I love detailed, complex and symbolic tattoos that are more subtle in terms of the message they convey. I'm definitely not a fan of more campy or outrageous symbolism. And that's coming from someone that fully appreciates the subject matter your tattoos represent, so don't think I am looking down on you for the interests you are expressing.

S

SteveB

paulnj said:
I don't think Steve was downing anyone's taste in art, though that statement could be taken as such.

I am a huge fan of expressing one's self as long it doesn't effect others around you. I have never seen a piercing , hair style, brand or Tattoo that negatively effected another person :main_thumbsup:

Oh no, I definitely can have an opinion on art :p I am not however putting down anyone's right to harmless artistic expression!!

The only way I could ever think of certain tattoos having a negative effect would perhaps be on children that might be afraid of certain symbolism that they have been taught to fear and don't know better.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
DAWNoftheLEO said:
Here's a few of my tattoos, I like to get around to a lot of different styles. I'm huge horror fan more notably zombies, zombie art, and ethnobioligical studies and history of "true" zombification...

If you ever get a chance to take a Houston trip, we have a few guys here that do award winning zombies. Check out Nate Beavers @ I-45 Ink, DJ Minor @ tastysquirrels.com, Johnny Jackson @ Texas Body Art. I've had the pleasure of watching all of them tattoo some really wicked, un-dead stuff!

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Here's my newest. Nothing fancy and no background yet but we were able to squeeze it in less than a day before we had to put Penny down. I wanted to get a celebration of life tattoo rather than a memorial one for her and we just barely made it.

11-25-07lucky.jpg

As for 20 years down the road...
I think heavily tattooed people just have a different view on tattoos than people who aren't that tattooed. At least speaking for Keith and myself, we see tattoos as a road map of our lives. You never forget when you got a tattoo, who did it, or why you got it regardless of the reason. If you get good tattoos from good artists they can be recolored and will still look good 20+ years down the road. Keith has plenty that are 10-15 years old and still look brand new. I guess people who think they might regret them later just have a different mind set. Neither is right or wrong.

Visit our friends