Thank (only some of) you!!

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
So what's with the people who will "Thank" only certain individuals on their threads? I've noticed it a couple of times recently where someone will start a thread and then several people will compliment their gecko and then I'll see that the OP will go through and "thank" only certain individuals. I'm not talking about the ones where the OP thanks a few people and then some time goes by, it gets bumped back up and they don't notice it. I'm talking about the threads where they are fresh, 5 people compliment the thread and only 3 get thanked, then a couple of days later, theres more compliments, then only a couple more random thanks.

I mean, is it really too hard to thank everyone who compliments you? If your a "thanker", why wouldn't you thank everyone and not just certain people you know or like??

To me it's just plain rude and it shows a lack of respect for others in this community to skip over them and thank the person below them and below them, but then….not you because I don't like or know you.

This forum seems to have so many cliques and if your not in the right one, your thoughts and posts don't mean squat! That's NOT how it is on the other forum I frequent more and more lately. But for some reason members, and senior members at that, play favorites here. It's childish and pathetic.

OK, rant over…..now back to my happy place. :D

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I like snickers more than m&m's too.

Come on now Chris...why don't we remove the function in total so we don't need to see they like our gecko (by their post) and then see it again with a "Thanks". They should have a "useful" and "waste of time" button so we can mitigate all the trolling for simple answers that are a daily redundancy...I mean did Marcia not post the thread recently which should answer 99% of the questions. Back on topic...Butterfingers are by far the best, but they get stuck in your teeth too easy.

Wild West Reptile

I'm more of a baby Ruth guy.

I agree with eliminating the button all together. Its only an observation that I noticed...has nothing to do with me. I could care less about being thanked! Lol! But I think it shows the character of certain people on here.

marauderhex

Am I wrong in assuming that the "Thanks" is essentially the "+1" or an easier way of saying "I totally agree/had the exact same thing to say"

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
Snickers ALMOND is the way to go.

I'm lousy at cliques, I always have been. It's ruined both my political aspirations and my plans to take over the world. *sigh*

That said, I am guilty of using the "Thanks" button both to express actual gratitude as well as using it similar to a "Like" button. I will take my punishment, now. Go ahead, tell me how rotten I am.

Wild West Reptile

I think everyone is missing the point. I don't care if anyone uses the thank button or doesn't. The point is why do people purposely skip thanking posters who said the exact same thing as the person after them who gets thanked? Why is their post not worth thanking and the guy after his is? They said the same thing??? It happens all the time here.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
I agree that the "Thanks" button is probably the most useless button on the forum. I didn't like it when it first came out, and I still don't like it. And, I couldn't really care much less if someone "Thanks" me for my post or not.

+1 for Reese's PB Cups!!!

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Just so you know I hate you all except Maurice...he got my one and only Thanks for the day. I do see what you are saying though Chris. If you take the effort to click thanks...why not thank EVERYONE who took the time to your thread. Plain and simple...cliques and breeder feuds are most likely the cause. I don't care about thanks or not and I am certainly not one to worry about EVERYONE liking everything I say or do...because often times I am just telling people the truth and sometimes that hurts.

So all this candy talk makes me want some vitamin C (Coors Light) ;)

Wild West Reptile

I do see what you are saying though Chris. If you take the effort to click thanks...why not thank EVERYONE who took the time to your thread. Plain and simple...cliques and breeder feuds are most likely the cause.

So all this candy talk makes me want some vitamin C (Coors Light) ;)

Finally someone gets it! I knew I could count on you! You just got thanked bro!

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
Oh I get it, I was just trying to be funny, too. Yay, I fail!
I do try to thank everyone who bother to compliment me. Or add something pertinent to a discussion. Or clarifies the facts of a matter. Even if they don't like me to begin with. The cliques thing is gonna happen whenever and wherever you get more than a few human beings together, unfortunately. I try not to get involved in those. I know who I trust more and who I do not. That's usually the only thing I allow to influence my "Thanks" button using, slightly...I try to be as egalitarian about it as possible, even considering that.

Last edited:

Wild West Reptile

I know you get it Janece. You've always been fair on this forum.

It's just that I saw where someone likes to only thank his buddy's and pass over other "newer" people who are complimenting his work to the fullest. It pissed me off and it's plain rude. This was only a rant by me, nothing else. Didn't need to turn into a debate over whether or not the "thanks" button is useful or not.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Are we talking about candy too? Wonders bar are the best. AND MINI EGGS! But they are like a nasty tease...only around sometimes.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
OMG, I just went back and checked one of my threads and sure enough I missed someone. On a side note, I would give someone a double thank you for a Reese's cup.

Visit our friends