Trust and Naivete'

wilomn

No One of Consequence
While I have been a member here since Kelli started this place up, I tend to wander off for long periods of time. During my last bit of not being here I missed the entire start and finish of the fight club but I would like to make a couple of comments about people in general that I hope will be helpful to those who wonder why people do stupid things.

First of all, there are folks out there like Kelli and The MOGL who actually do what they say. They keep secrets, they obey rules, they have this little thing called integrity. They can be counted on, relied upon, and should serve as an example.

If they, and those few like them, say they will not take things from a certain place, if they say they will respect the rules they have agreed to for anything, you can bet your last dollar that they will.

Sadly, there are those who do not have these same standards.

Doubly sadly, people like Kelli and The MOGL continually expect people to be better than they really are and therein lies the problem.

There is ALWAYS a scumbag. There is always a turd in the bowl, perhaps hiding, but there nontheless. There is always someone who gets their feelings hurt badly enough that they give up any integrity they may once have possessed to get even or do damage to someone they think has harmed them.

ALWAYS.

Do any of you remember The War Room over at TRR? It was a great place until some wuss got all butt hurt, after ASKING permission to play in that forum, knowing full well what to expect, and started taking things out of that forum and spreading them around for no reason other than to cause hurt, dissent and mistrust.

The War Room is gone too. It was too much of a negative for Gary, who actually is a nice guy, to put up with.

People, not all of them but a significant portion, suck. You cannot trust them to be self policing or to adhere to standards even when they say they will.

Some, the good ones who CAN keep their word, suffer because of the spineless twits who are ever present but mostly silent UNTIL...... well, until, like Kelli and The MOGL, disappointment is so smothering that something must be done and by then the only thing to do is kill the beast to be rid of the parasite.

It blows but is not unexpected by those who know human nature.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Wes, I respect you, but secrets are not kept and I can PROVE IT!!!!!!
We are talking about the Fight Club here, Paul... we are not talking about people who talk to each other about each other. The #1 rule of the Fight Club was that "everything in the Fight Club stays in the Fight Club". That rule was broken... not once, but MORE than once by MORE than one person. Not only was this a violation of the FC rules, but a violation of the trust the members had for each other. That trust has now been broken. Because of that, ALL the FC members have lost the privilege of having a 'private' forum.

Like Wes said, "There is ALWAYS a scumbag. There is always a turd in the bowl, perhaps hiding, but there nontheless. There is always someone who gets their feelings hurt badly enough that they give up any integrity they may once have possessed to get even or do damage to someone they think has harmed them".

paulnj

It is human nature to share info with those closest to you. We all do it on some level. That was the meaning behind my reply.

Krow

Wes, you hit the nail right on the head, & twice over! I cant stand people that go off & tell others about stuff that should have stayed between the original 2(or however many) to begin with, people are so untrust worthy nowa days, seems like no-one can trust anyone else, shame... :(

eric

OREGON GECKO
Wes your absolutely right, its sad.

Remember M-80's:
a firecracker that kicked ass, until some dumbass kids blew their fingers off, now they're illegal. thanks for ruining it for the rest of us, dumbasses.

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
WES,
I agree with you 100% then some. It is a shame some people cant keep their month shut. But on top of that when they open thier months the truth is not what comes out, which is where big problems arrive and drama/hatred is created.

paulnj

Hahaha, I just heard the funniest thing ever said about me.. WRONG it wasn't me and nice try !!! :main_laugh:

A bunch of us pretty much KNOW who the 2nd "humphead" is :main_lipsrsealed:

KelliH

Everyone that I talk with about this says it was a different person. I don't even care who it was really. I do want to send a message to the humphead(s) though: stay away from this website and stay out of my life. You are not worthy of cleaning the gecko poop out of my sweater boxes.

Gregg M

Registered Member
Did I start a new word on the forum??? LOL!!! Humphead is a cool word, aint it... LOL...

Anyway, the point here is that a spot on this forum that most of us really enjoyed is now gone because of 2 individuals who could not respect Kelli, the site. or the rules of forum... All I can say is that karma can really suck sometimes and when you burn enough people, EVERYONE will eventually catch on and avoid you like the clap!!!

People like the ones who had the FC taken down will eventually "hang" them selves... No need for any of us to wear the black hood...

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
You know, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I've also spoken heart-to-heart with some of you about all of this and the deterioration of the relationships in the gecko community. I want to make a public statement about what I think and how I feel. I hope you all will be able to take it for face value.

I'm just a old lady that loves my geckos and wants to do the best I know how to do for them, and for the community. I've been around for 14 years working with these beautiful, gentle creatures. I have done my best to serve the gecko community by being accessible and sharing as much information and knowledge as possible. I really don't have a huge ego, and I'm not a very good marketing person. If I was, I would be a more successful geckos breeder... but again, it depends on what is considered 'success'.

I don't care who is responsible for the FC being taken down, and will not participate in the blame game. There is no room in my heart for all this anger and resentment. So from this moment on, I am making a commitment to value each and every one of you and accept that all of us are different individuals with different opinions and feelings. If I can do this, my hope is that I will still be around for the next 14 years doing what is important... finding joy in the geckos and all the others who find joy in them as well.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
You know, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I've also spoken heart-to-heart with some of you about all of this and the deterioration of the relationships in the gecko community. I want to make a public statement about what I think and how I feel. I hope you all will be able to take it for face value.

I'm just a old lady that loves my geckos and wants to do the best I know how to do for them, and for the community. I've been around for 14 years working with these beautiful, gentle creatures. I have done my best to serve the gecko community by being accessible and sharing as much information and knowledge as possible. I really don't have a huge ego, and I'm not a very good marketing person. If I was, I would be a more successful geckos breeder... but again, it depends on what is considered 'success'.

I don't care who is responsible for the FC being taken down, and will not participate in the blame game. There is no room in my heart for all this anger and resentment. So from this moment on, I am making a commitment to value each and every one of you and accept that all of us are different individuals with different opinions and feelings. If I can do this, my hope is that I will still be around for the next 14 years doing what is important... finding joy in the geckos and all the others who find joy in them as well.

A noble sentiment if ever I've heard one, and not a drop of estrogen to mess up my shoes.

Good luck, seriously.

I'm not much for blame games, but I'm not much for people either. You reap what you sow and sometimes I'm the guy with the scythe. Sometimes I'm not.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
I can only value those that value me. I wish I had a heart as pure and kind as yours, Marcia, but I just don't anymore.

I don't know Kelli. I suspect your heart is just wounded, sorely perhaps, but I doubt its purity is changed.

The fact that you feel as you do is a good indication your heart is solid, just not as available as it once was.

I can't fault you for it either. Dealing with all the crap that you have would do the same to many. Just don't sell yourself short because a few turds didn't make the initial flush. Hit the lever again, and again, and again if necessary, until things are nice and clean once more. Then maybe your heart will heal and shed a few layers of shellac.

eric

OREGON GECKO
I don't know Kelli. I suspect your heart is just wounded, sorely perhaps, but I doubt its purity is changed.

The fact that you feel as you do is a good indication your heart is solid, just not as available as it once was.

I can't fault you for it either. Dealing with all the crap that you have would do the same to many. Just don't sell yourself short because a few turds didn't make the initial flush. Hit the lever again, and again, and again if necessary, until things are nice and clean once more. Then maybe your heart will heal and shed a few layers of shellac.

Very well put Wes! I agree 1000% I know what you've done for us Kelli, And I'll never ever,ever forget it!

Gregg M

Registered Member
I don't care who is responsible for the FC being taken down, and will not participate in the blame game. There is no room in my heart for all this anger and resentment.

Well you should care because the same people who are responsible for FC being shut down will be the same ones who stab you in the back (if they havent already)... These are the same people who stabbed other members of the forum/community in the back...

Its not about hate, anger, or resentment... It about being cautious of "usual offenders" and letting everone else who may come into some type of contact with these individuals know they should be careful and to watch their backs...

snowgyre

I was never a part of FC and I'm a relatively new member of this forum, so my word may not hold significant weight. However, as someone who has been in the reptile hobby for 10 years now, owned my own modest colony of geckos over the years, have dealt with good and bad people in the industry, and have spent a great deal of time on various forums online, I can safely say that of all the reptile communities out there, geckoforum is the most professional, the most friendly, and the most informative.

It's obvious by the content of just this thread, let alone the site, that the administrators take their roles very seriously and actually show on numerous occasions that they care about the people within this community. In terms of online forums, this is critical, and speaks volumes for the quality of the site itself. Neither Kelli or Marcia are afraid to get on the bad side of people in order to do what's right, and there is far too much waffling nowadays, or corrupt administrators playing the political game, that it's very rare to find a website where the majority of the community maintains their enthusiasm and continue to return to the site.

I've been scolded before, and I've even got a violation in my profile. I hold no hard feelings, because I understand that I violated the rules of the forum. However, there will always be those who have their heads so buried up their arses that they can't see anything but their own wounded pride. The internet, unfortunately, tends to breed resentment because we can remain anonymous, and this gives cowards the false courage to say things, spread rumors, and do other nefarious things that they wouldn't dare do in real life.

I'm sorry that you are all upset about whatever may have happened in FC and elsewhere, but be rest assured that you're doing an excellent job of running this website. I think it's wonderful that we have genuinely good people running the show, and don't let the bad apples dishearten you.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
GreggM said:
You should care because the same people who are responsible for FC being shut down will be the same ones who stab you in the back (if they havent already)... These are the same people who stabbed other members of the forum/community in the back...
Gregg, you know I love you man, but please do not tell me what I should or shouldn't care about! For me, the Fight Club was about a 2-3 in priority on the 10-scale. I felt it would just wind up being a place that fostered anger and resentment... living up to it's name "The Fight Club". This doesn't mean that I don't understand that it meant more than that to others, and I am upset that because the trust of some of it's members was betrayed that it affected so many. That just isn't right that a few ruined it for the majority, and I certainly do not expect that it should be forgotten. It's just that human nature has been predictably played out. What a shame. Believe me, I am becoming even more aware of who I could turn my back on and expect to be stabbed!

snowgyre said:
It's obvious by the content of just this thread, let alone the site, hat the administrators take their roles very seriously and actually show on numerous occasions that they care about the people within this community. In terms of online forums, this is critical, and speaks volumes for the quality of the site itself. Neither Kelli or Marcia are afraid to get on the bad side of people in order to do what's right, and there is far too much waffling nowadays, or corrupt administrators playing the political game, that it's very rare to find a website where the majority of the community maintains their enthusiasm and continue to return to the site.
Vanessa, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm glad that you understand that there IS integrity here in those that do the best we can to remain fair and do what's best for the majority of GF members.

KelliH

70980_video-267047-access-exclusive-ringo-starrs-message-of-peace-and-love.jpg

Visit our friends