Sunglow values

O

okapi

-650 each?
Depends, if they came right from TUG then that sounds about normal for their sunglows. I wouldnt pay that much, but thats just me. Id rather spend $1300 on a nice RERS and a reverse stripe tangerine albino :main_yes:

I wish I had that much to spend on geckos, id have me a RERS already... :main_rolleyes: I guess Ill just have to see what hatches for me until their prices drop.

L

Lyndsey

okapi said:
-650 each?
Depends, if they came right from TUG then that sounds about normal for their sunglows. I wouldnt pay that much, but thats just me. Id rather spend $1300 on a nice RERS and a reverse stripe tangerine albino :main_yes:

I wish I had that much to spend on geckos, id have me a RERS already... :main_rolleyes: I guess Ill just have to see what hatches for me until their prices drop.

$650?? $1300?? On a gecko?? Wow...I'd never spend that much...even if it were the gecko of all geckos lol

T

TripleMoonsExotic

okapi said:
-650 each?
Depends, if they came right from TUG then that sounds about normal for their sunglows. I wouldnt pay that much, but thats just me. Id rather spend $1300 on a nice RERS and a reverse stripe tangerine albino.

I think it's about time Brandon posted the comparison shots of the picture he was supplied and the actual geckos. ;) Brandon, if you'd like me to go ahead and resize them and double them up for you, I'll get that done real quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

robin

trizzypballr said:
no where near 650 a piece though huh?
no not $650 each

-650 each?
Depends, if they came right from TUG then that sounds about normal for their sunglows. I wouldnt pay that much, but thats just me. Id rather spend $1300 on a nice RERS and a reverse stripe tangerine albino

I wish I had that much to spend on geckos, id have me a RERS already... I guess Ill just have to see what hatches for me until their prices drop.

what does it matter if it is TUG bloodline or not. that has no bearing on it or what you originally paid. it's the overall, health, color and quality of the animal. the urban gecko is just a name. so when selling don't try and sell the name let the animal speak for itself

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
trizzypballr said:
no where near 650 a piece though huh?

No..... I don't think they are worth anywhere near that. Sunglows have been out long enough that you can get ones that look as good as those for probably half of that price. I've seen some that good for as low as 250. As much as I like Sunglows, they are already all over the place and the market is flooded with them, therefore, their price has dropped dramatically over the last year. If I had 1300 bucks burning a hole in my pocket I would buy an Enigma if I spent it on a Leo in the first place.

G

Ghetto Gecko

ever hear of

Lyndsey said:
$650?? $1300?? On a gecko?? Wow...I'd never spend that much...even if it were the gecko of all geckos lol
an enigma, LOL.

trizzypballr

Well guys here is my dissapointment, this is why Ive been questioning the values, let this pic speak for itself.....

brandon_geckos.jpg

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
I think Craig should be notified of this post, so he may share his side of this delema. Plus this seems like we might be going to the side of needing to be on the BOI. But either way i think TUG should be made aware a post was made, and get to place input if they so choose.

H

Harmurray

There certainly is a discrepancy between what was represented and what was shipped. Doesn't Craig offer any type of satisfaction guarantee?

Harold

T

TripleMoonsExotic

Harmurray said:
Doesn't Craig offer any type of satisfaction guarantee?

While he does, that doesn't change the HUGE difference in color.

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
snared99 said:
I think Craig should be notified of this post, so he may share his side of this delema. Plus this seems like we might be going to the side of needing to be on the BOI. But either way i think TUG should be made aware a post was made, and get to place input if they so choose.

Agreed.

Hey Brandon,

I know cameras, lighting, settings, etc. can make a huge difference in the way that the colors of an animal appear. Which pictures more accurately represent the animals, the ones from TUG's website, or the ones you took?

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
There is almost no color distinction between the tail and body on the geckos in Craig's pictures, yet Brandon's pics show that the tail and body are significantly different in degree of tangerine. They are nice looking geckos, but again, 650 each is way too much, and they don't look the same as they did when they were posted for sale. I would ask Craig how old those pics are and find out what type of camera he uses.

T

TripleMoonsExotic

preacherman said:
Which pictures more accurately represent the animals, the ones from TUG's website, or the ones you took?

His are. It's my camera and I've seen them in person (Brandon lives a few miles from me).

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
nevinm said:
all i can say is wow. thats why i RARELY buy anything off line.

While I believe it is great to be cautious, I have purchased many geckos online from several breeders and have never been disappointed with the color of a gecko. That being said, I am very wary of buying from breeders online whose pictures are almost all identical (lighting and backround). It makes the geckos look "too good to be real". I am sure Brandon doesn't feel he got what he thought he was getting based on the nature of this thread.

Visit our friends