Sunglow values

trizzypballr

Thank for moving this thread, it wasnt ment to get out of hand. On the same hand, it should be understood why I am dissapointed with my purchase, I will be contacting Craig again tomorrow on the matter. I will make sure to keep everyone informed. I just wanted to make it a point to show the difference between "the geckos I bought" and the geckos I recieved.

R

RoseT

Well If I was you I would be mad. It all depends what they look in person. Do you think they look like the pictures Urban took? Yes differen't lighting and camera's can change the color of the animal but why post a picture that looks nothing like the gecko. I say use a camera that takes pictures that look like the animal. I'm not saying that the Urban pictures don't show their real color. I havn't seen the geckos so I can't say for sure. :main_huh:

T

TripleMoonsExotic

RoseT said:
Well If I was you I would be mad. It all depends what they look in person. Do you think they look like the pictures Urban took? Yes differen't lighting and camera's can change the color of the animal but why post a picture that looks nothing like the gecko. I say use a camera that takes pictures that look like the animal.

If we had Karma to give to members here, I would dump a bucket full on you! :main_thumbsup:

marula

i have some geckos from craig and i'm really satisfied about them and about his costumer service.
i don't think there are differences from what i has choice from his web site and what i received...
i think tornado and tangerine can be able to mantein the colour more than sunglow..but this is for a simple reason: sunglow are tremper, and tremper is the most bad strain of albino regarding the ability to mantein the bright colour with the age and after breeding or could seasom..and is (in my experience) the most temperature influence strain of albino..

marula

those are my (pics from web site and pics of one week ago)
sunglow
from the web site
tug1.jpg

last week
img3725soleilvj2.jpg
[/IMG]

i keep my tremper at a little hight temp than others..and with a white paper towel (marcia has post a really interesting pics sequence about influence of substrate in geckos colours)

trizzypballr

I wish that my geckos would have turned out nice and orange like that:-\ They both looked amazing in the TUG pics, they are still nice geckos, but not the geckos that I thought I was purchasing

trizzypballr

I recieved them on thursday, I talked to him and he told me that they might still be acclimating and that might by why the look dull. I do want to make it clear that im not trying to bash Craig, I didnt mean for this thread to end up in the BOI or for it to make him look bad, he seems like a good guy, and I believe that things will come out ok in the end. I was curious what everyone thought the actual values of these geckos actully were. I didnt realize exactully how far from the pics these guys were off until I put those pics side by side, and then I was pretty shocked by what I saw. What could have caused that drastic of a change in them?

KelliH

Well Brandon, if you are not happy with them then you should probably ask Craig for a refund. You have had them for a little less than a week. Although if it were me I might hesitate since there is always the possibility that you might have bred the male to some of your females. But, since he is only 34 grams and rather thin I am sure you would not do that.

Last edited:
T

TripleMoonsExotic

Marula, you're guy is amazing! I'm jealous too! He looks very close to the picture you had at time of purchase!

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
I would definitely talk to him about returning them if you're not happy with them. It would probably be better than trying to sell them and bet all of your money back. Do you mind telling what you paid for them? (I totally understand if you don't want to though.)

marula

thanks for the nice comments! :D (kelli is gelous of one of my geckos :shocked: ;) )
here there are a simple tangerine from him too
not an expecnive geckos, but a really nice one
pic from the web site for first and now for second...
brandon, at what temp you keep them?
..and generally the price is indicative...geckos at more hight price generally are able to "keep" better the bright colour...(but this one is a really cheap gecko and she look really nice)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I keep my Trempers a few degrees warmer and on white paper towel, and it's my experience that once they are around 40 grams their colors will stay bright from then on.

trizzypballr

Ive read on fauna about other people saying that they have seen TUGs that werent the color they were pictured as either. I payed $1300 for the pair Keith. And as far as the temp, right now they are being kept in a 32 qt split down the middle, 92 on the hot end, around 78 on the cool end. feeding on mealies, a moist hide and a regular hide for them. They arrived looking like they are now, it was nothing that happened while they were in my care

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I feel like I need to comment from the breeder's perspective. Personally and professionally, I feel that if there is a problem with a gecko you purchased, it should be brought to the attention of the breeder before making statements on a public forum. It's just not fair to make negative comments when the other person is not even aware of it and/or given the opportunity to work it out amongst yourselves.

If I sold someone a gecko and they weren't happy with it, I would expect them to tell ME first... not the entire gecko community. Now, if my customer did notify me they were unhappy with a purchase and I told them to just get over it and blew them off, then they would have every right to complain.

If someone waited a week to inform me they were unhappy with their purchase, I would have to take it on a case basis. How would I know if the gecko was being housed, heated, or cared for properly? How would I know if the gecko had been exposed to another gecko in the buyer's collection?

Anyway, if I saw a thread like this one with me as the breeder and I had no idea there was a problem, I would be VERY upset.

robin

do you have photos of the day they were received? and have they been exposed to any other geckos?

Craig Stewart

There is always two sides to a story...

It has been very helpful in reading all the comments and posts surrounding this topic. Before the internet, businesses would not have the ability to access feedback and comments the way we can now. I look at this as a very positive opportunity to address issues and concerns that may exist in the marketplace so I would like to thank everyone that has participated in this thread.

For anyone reading this thread it would certainly lead you to believe that The Urban Gecko manipulates the color in their photos. As the owner of The Urban Gecko I can honestly state that there could be nothing further from the truth. I to have obviously been on the buy side of a deal and nothing angered me more than when I took delivery on an animal and it was intentionally misrepresented in its photo. Not only was it disappointing but it made me feel like I had been taken advantage of. It is for this very reason that we have gone to great lengths to try and ensure our animals are represented as accurately as possible. What this means is we have invested in professional quality camera equipment and lighting and never, I mean never manipulated the color in our photos. This would not only compromise my integrity but from a business standpoint be a very stupid move particularly considering the coverage of our guarantee.

Like many different products available to us there are varying degrees of quality. For example, premium Nikon cameras have arguably the best lenses available. Does this make a difference when taking photos? Absolutely. That is why you can have lenses priced with the same basic functions ranging from $150 to $2000. Does lighting make a difference? Anyone that knows photography will confirm it is one of the most important components to an accurate and quality photograph. The reason I raise these points is because you cannot fairly compare one photo in a professional set-up to one utilizing lesser equipment. If these were comparable then wedding photographers would be out of work and we would all have our Uncle Harry shoot our cherished moments.

The reality to this business is photos pass through different mediums and we cannot control the exact representation of these formats. We can however do our very best to ensure they are being represented as accurately and honestly as possible by utilizing premium equipment, which we do. In fact, we are so confident with how our geckos are represented that the client experience is guaranteed through our Buyers Assurance Program for a full 30 days after receiving their gecko(s). For example, if we were to receive contact from a client and they were unhappy with their purchase we would offer a full 100% cash refund upon return of the gecko(s). This is exactly what we did with this individual and they have yet to exercise it.

So to sum this lengthy post up, we have never color enhanced our photos nor will we ever color enhance our photos. 99.9% of our geckos exceed our client expectations it is just unfortunate that it is the 0.1% that ends up like this. Should anyone want to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me personally by telephone.

Thanks for taking the time to read the other side of the story.

Best regards,

Craig Stewart
The Urban Gecko
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 905 264-5557

Visit our friends