SNEAK-PREVIEW!!!

crotaphytidae

Looks great Gregg, and I concure with your results. I used a similar method and every fertile egg that was incubated with it hatched this year. Keep up the good work guys, great stuff and can't wait to try them. Also if you don't mind about how many eggs can fit in one of these, by leopard geckos standards vs. varanus standards thanks.

Johnantny

The inside dimensions are around 8 x 6... I could have fit 15 ackie monitor eggs with room for more. It could take even more leo eggs!

By the way the body of the container is 4.5 inches tall.

ang3l3s

Gregg, I want to add that the container in test trials had hatched 3 clutches of spiny tail monitors, 100% hatch rate using this method. I am also incubating black head monitors this way and they are nearing pip time. For those who are not aware, these monitor lizard eggs usually incubate for 120 days but they hatched in the container at 106 days.

For substrate we used 50/50 water to perlite by weight. In the case of the 2nd clutch I used water crystals and perlite. Any substrate that holds some water content should work.

The S.I.M. Container will be introduced to the public at Daytona Expo in 3 weeks. After the expo, sales can be made online at a website we are building. We will also be promoting at various north east shows this fall and winter.

Come over to the table and check it out!

Best regards,

John

keep me posted on the site , i'm gonna have to order as i live too far!

P

PacHerp

Very impressive, Gregg! I love the professional presentation... very slick design. :)

paulnj

Awesome John and Gregg! I look forward to getting over to the island soon to see you two and check out those awesome monitors! Can't wait to grab up a few and put them to work!

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Thank you to all who posted... I am very glad (and relieved) you all like it... LOL...

Dude, don't be so modest! :main_laugh: You and John deserve a huge pat on the back for this awesome design. Along with the many others, I can't wait to give these a try. I'll be waiting ever so impatiently until that web site is up and running. Kudos, gents!!! :main_thumbsup:

Johnantny

Gecko people seem to be on board with this container. I bet the chondro folks and carpet breeders may be also.. Have to see if there's interest there too.

xanderville

hmmmm.......
This seems like an amazing approvement and aid to breeding. I am so glad you came out with this product just in time for me to get ready to start breeding :)

Gregg M

Registered Member
Again, a big thank you to all of you who commented on the thread and in PM... I know I speak for John too when I say It is awesome to know that we came up with something that will help the hobbiest and seasoned breeder get better hatch rates... The feed back from all of you makes all the time put into this project worth while...

Visit our friends