SNEAK-PREVIEW!!!

Brhaco

Here's one Chondro breeder that is more than excited by these egg boxes-can't wait to try them out! Congrats Gregg.

Johnantny

Hatched another species in the S.I.M. yesterday- Varanus tristis- black head monitors- 6 eggs at 85.5F and damp perlite for substrate.
These babies pipped at 91 days, 8 shorter than my buried clutches from last year. The babies emerged without yolk sacs, fully developed and perfect!

Here's some pics of the hatch...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2624/3778675840_a2e1dac1d2_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2613/3778659332_e37e06988f_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/3778659378_99bdd2ea13_o.jpg

Gregg M

Registered Member
Hatched another species in the S.I.M. yesterday- Varanus tristis- black head monitors- 6 eggs at 85.5F and damp perlite for substrate.
These babies pipped at 91 days, 8 shorter than my buried clutches from last year. The babies emerged without yolk sacs, fully developed and perfect!

John, I would like to add that we are incubating another clutch of V. tristis from the same pair, using the "traditional" (half buried in perlite) incubation method, in the same incubator to compare hatch rates and incubation duration...

LeapinLizards

It's a BEAUT Clark!
I am SO excited for you guys...I think these containers are going to be a huge hit, and I'm so happy it's all worked out :) Can't wait to get mine and try them out!

MonkeyBean

*Hums the Jurassic Park theme song* Looks good guys, can't wait to order a box or two. I know you guys don't really need anymore proof that this is an effective incubation method, but as an idea you could offer free boxes to certain breeders of various herps who would in-turn give you new data and comparisons on hatch rates and incubation periods between this and the traditional vermiculite or perlite method. I'm not saying everyone who offers this data, but rather the first of those who offer information on a species not yet hatched using this new product. I think it would be a great way to get everyone into it, from boids to geckos, having some form of data on the species we all breed. Anywho, just a thought! You guys definitely don't need my help or advice, the product speaks for itself!

Cheers,
-Matt

Johnantny

Yes, Matt, we are in the process of doing such things. Hopefully they can endorse this product based on their success using it!

Cheers,

John

MonkeyBean

That's great John! If you have any species in particular you're looking for, especially smaller python species--Savus, Childrens, Anthills, etc., let me know and I'll throw some people your way! Good luck with everything!

Cheers,
-Matt

paulnj

My 3 are hard at work with turtle eggs and gecko eggs and I do believe a few are filling up quickly in europe too :main_thumbsup:

I got home and my friend's 3 toed box turtles laid a very late clutch. They are cooking as we speak.

Gregg M

Registered Member
The website will be up and fully functional by Tuesday... We had a few issues with some parts of the site but they have been worked out... We are also changing the look of the site and fixing all errors... Sorry for the delay everyone... Please check back Tuesday...

Thanks again everyone... Your support and feedback has been GREAT!!!!

Visit our friends